3 Year Medical School Program

Definitely not. Four years is rigorous enough to learn the material needed to be a decent starting physician.

I'd rather not. Rather have more time to prepare for step 1, even if it is just one extra year. (btw, i didn't really read so if this isn't part of it just let me know lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
No way! I want two years of preclinical and two years of clinical.

+1 more time to study for USMLE with help of professors.

I wouldn't.

I would like more time to become an adept physician. 3 years doesn't cut it. 2 years preclinical and 2 years clinical is a perfect balance.

3 years is way too little time. Considering how hard people work studying medicine now a days i wouldn't even mind 5 years for medicine.

You learn way more in medical school than in your bachelors and both are 4 years.

Considering how hard people work studying medicine now a days i wouldn't even mind 5 years for medicine.

tumblr_mao6laNaQZ1rdeykbo1_500.gif
:smuggrin:

srsly tho

3 years is way too little time. Considering how hard people work studying medicine now a days i wouldn't even mind 5 years for medicine.

this. Sounds crazy, but your perspective is going to change when you get further along. The goal isn't to get through fast. The goal is to master the material you are going to need for your career. And you are going to leave med school for another 3-7 years if residency, often followed by another 1-2 years of fellowship. So rushing through med school is kind of silly. Basically jumping out of the frying pan to end up in the fire that much earlier.

I would in a heartbeat. The 4th year of medical school is a joke.

The "medical student" above must be a MS1 or something.

I would in a heartbeat. The 4th year of medical school is a joke.

The "medical student" above must be a MS1 or something.

4th year is what you make of it. Some programs have more requirements in fourth year then others. And some people jam all their requirements and step 2 and interviews into the first half of the year and basically fill their time after the match (mid march) with light courses and vacation and essentially waste three to four months. Others use this time for learning things they might actually want to have learned or for checking out electives they might otherwise not have time for. I know plenty of people who used those four months getting good at procedures, finishing off ongoing research projects, and even studying for and knocking off step 3 (although I think this test is actually easier after intern year unless you are going into something like pathology which doesn't give you exposure to the things tested).

Saying 4th year is. Joke is a huge exaggeration -- most need a good chunk of 4th year for interviews, step 2, finishing up sub-I requirements, etc. Maybe a third of fourth year is a Joke, but I'm not sure starting intern year three months earlier makes a great deal of sense.

I read a book about a guy who did it in three years, but he already had a PhD and apparently a lot of 4th year (at least where he went) was about research.