32 to a 25 i'm having a breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedRacer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i got a 32 on aamc 7 which is the highest score i've gotten on anything yet, and then i took aamc 8 today and got a 25!!! and i didn't even think it was that hard! i think it was because i was all nonchalant and sleepy during it because i was confident... but what if that wasn't it?? what is going on?!?! someone please help, i'm really freaking out.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hehe... we are on the same boat... I got a 33 on the 7R and just took the 8R today... I got a 25. This *@)$ 8R sucks

Is aamc 8 that hard??? hmmm, interesting...should i take it on this coming tuesday, or should i just take it piece-wise instead of all in one sitting?

BaylorGuy -- I actually did better on 8 than on any other. I really think it will vary from person to person depending on our individual strengths and weaknesses.

SpeedRacer -- I think getting too comfortable and confident can actually hurt. There's a fine balance between being confident enough to not make mistakes out of nervousness, and not too confident so you don't make mistakes out of not paying enough attention. The fact that you got a 32 on 7 proves you can do it, so I'd say probably the over-confidence and whatever other quirky things were going on caused the drop. Don't worry about it too much! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
baylor guy im in the same boat...i was gonna take it tomorrow but dont want to drop and start worrying....most likely it is a harder test and people just fell apart....

dude the same thing happened to me with 8R, that exam is evil, i wanted to cry during the bio section and almost postponed the MCAT to august. but if you're going to break down now, you're going to do crappy on the real test, remember it was a sh*tty practice exam and has nothing to do with your real performance on the test. just stay confident.

aladin
so the exam itself is a bitch? if so you will be thankful u got wrecked now instead of the real exam...i broke down during august mcat and dropped 8 points from my avg aamc's...its good that AAMC is releasing exams that are more like the real deal...

jon0013 said:
aladin
so the exam itself is a bitch? if so you will be thankful u got wrecked now instead of the real exam...i broke down during august mcat and dropped 8 points from my avg aamc's...its good that AAMC is releasing exams that are more like the real deal...

thanks people i feel better knowing that some people are in the same boat. but i'm still kind of concerned...so aladin you thought the real mcat was a lot harder? if i drop 8 pts on the real one i'm screwed...what happened?

how many days between 7 and 8? less than 4 days is a recipe for lower score.

review your tests in detail; work on a couple of your weakest content areas; and do NOTHING after wed of this week. Your hard work of the past few months will determine your MCAT score better than any single full-length.

good luck

yeah it was just crappy, PS wasn't so bad but made some stupid mistakes but the bio, i scored an 11 on 7R and dropped down to an 8, the passages were dense and so much was focused on the kidney, which i didn't really study yet and the orgo stuff was just b*tchy.

but i never take practice exams completely seriously, the last practice exam i took before the LSAT i dropped like 5 points below my average score but I shot right back up on the real thing.

i'v never taken a "real" mcat my first time is this week but personally, i always feel the real test is not that bad because i take the exam seriously and of course the adrenaline rush helps.

I've been scoring in the 31-33 rangs in the AAMCs - took 8 today and got a 27!? What the hell!?

I think a part of it was being burned out. I think wednesday is going to be it for me; thursday and friday are totally off days.

I'm glad other people are in the same boat!

Let pray this doesnt reflect our april scores!

I thought I'd add to this comfort email... I scored my lowest ever on AAMC 8! I thought my scores were supposed to get progressively higher, but went from a 32 to a 24! I guess it is a very realistic possibility though.

i am also in the same sinking boat
with each practice test i take my target score drops 3 points

may i ask, how in the world are you supposed to know about the "flying bird" question? after reading the explaination on the e-mcat website i was like "how in the world am i supposed to guess that?"
ugh... this is the exam from hell

wow i love this thread and i love all you people for the support...and that i'm not the only one who went down and is freaking out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

i got an 8 on PS.EIGHT

i'm going insane. THANK GOD somebody is posting that aamc 8 is difficult. i hate the number 8.

i'm flipping out. now.

heh, after getting a 33 on AAMC-7 I decided not to take any more full lengths to prevent the exact type of crisis that people in this thread are describing. I need to preserve what self-esteem I have. I don't want to freak myself out by potentially seeing my scores plummet. :)

Overeducated said:
heh, after getting a 33 on AAMC-7 I decided not to take any more full lengths to prevent the exact type of crisis that people in this thread are describing. I need to preserve what self-esteem I have. I don't want to freak myself out by potentially seeing my scores plummet. :)

Yes, exactly. I am hitting 35 in aamc 6 and 7 am hoping to hit one or two points more(not bragging; don't bump), but I don't think taking more extra full lengths/practice tests will help me get those extra points with only 5 days to go (darn, should I return aamc 8? I just ordered it!). In fact, going over extra difficult passages drives me crazy (getting an 8 in one PS session). Am planning to review just the books (make sure I don't forget the basic stuff... I am suffering from this now... every single piece of info just slips away from my head :scared: ).

now i'm getting really nervous! :scared: I've got 7 and 8 left to do this week, and i was already considering only taking one of them to prevent burning out before saturday and after reading this thread i'm scared to take 8!

I was going to take 8, since it's the most recent, but now i'm leaning towards taking 7 and leaving 8 untouched :) i guess what i'll probably end up doing is taking one (i guess 7) tomorrow, and taking 8 in pieces over tuesday/wednesday

I too fell victim of AAMC 8, physical sciences in particular. I was so slow that I had to fill in 2 entire passages of C's. I ended up with a 7 on the damn thing, where 10's seem more my norm.

**However, to those in the same boat; I'm actually glad I scored what I did on PT8, because it pointed out some areas that I need to brush up on today and tommorrow. I still have to review it, but aside from my timing problem, I know that I bombed a lot of the solubility and some other gen. chem. questions.

It's o.k. to be humbled a bit, but don't lose your overall confidence. We still have until Thursday to get in some good, last minute 'refinement'. This is all part of the process.

So I'm actually taking practice test 8 right now.

This is my first aamc test and I have to say that the PS section was much easier than I though it was... (I've been looking at the solutions after I answer a question). I had like 20 minutes left over too.

I wondering if I'm even taking the same test as you guys.

Are these tests that we're talking about the same ones that come with the Kaplan course? (because that's where I got mine).

I donno I've been very weary of these practice tests. I scored a 29 on my Kaplan diagnostic and a 33 on the Kaplan full length 2.

I feel that these scores are way too high and won't reflect what I get on the real thing.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.