32M, 3.89.....need to trim list...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hey all:

check out my MDapps and tell me which schools, if any, i should cut out. I cant afford all those schools...+secondary....:eek:

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just judging by the sparse comments in you profile, I'd eliminate the following:
Mich. State (DO)
Meharry
Utah (IS-only, I think)
Touro
along with 6 or 7 of your reaches: Hopkins, Columbia, Cornell, Case, Brown, Mayo, Northwestern, Penn, Pritzker, Yale

Don't bother applying DO unless you just really want to. You'll probably get accepted MD with your stats.

Just judging by the sparse comments in you profile, I'd eliminate the following:
Mich. State (DO)
Meharry
Utah (IS-only, I think)
Touro
along with 6 or 7 of your reaches: Hopkins, Columbia, Cornell, Case, Brown, Mayo, Northwestern, Penn, Pritzker, Yale

Don't bother applying DO unless you just really want to. You'll probably get accepted MD with your stats.

I updated my list. I dont have any bad feelings about DO, but if DO will help me stay in cali then DO is important. Therefor, I am only applying to western and touro

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd eliminate many of the public schools outside of California: MSU, Buffalo, Upstate, Temple, Nebraska, Wisconsin and VCU. Vermont might be worth keeping. Penn and Feinberg (Northwestern) will be a stretch with a BS of 10 and VR of 9. If you eliminate these 9, you're left with roughly 30 schools.

How low do you want to bring the total number of schools?

Some of the schools on your list get a TON of apps, e.g. BU and i think Rosalind Franklin. That means even if your stats match perfectly it's going to take some luck to get in. Depending on how low you want to get your list, maybe cut out a few of those schools that get so many apps. Also, probably take out the SUNY schools and MI state (since I think you're a CA resident).