33 yr old Medical Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrinfamousmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a B.S., a M.S. in Biology, 5yrs experience in research and a certified medical assistant. Should I go for it? Will the MA thing look good on my records?:D

Members don't see this ad.

Got a B.S., a M.S. in Biology, 5yrs experience in research and a certified medical assistant. Should I go for it? Will the MA thing look good on my records?:D

If you want to be in school for the next 10 years and wait till your 40s to make a decent living then sure, go for it. Makes total sense.

If you want to be in school for the next 10 years and wait till your 40s to make a decent living then sure, go for it. Makes total sense.

Do you have anything of value to add to these boards or are you always a total DB?

OP if you want it, go for it. Don't let the average SDN douchourage like DeterminedDB up there sway you one way or the other. Follow your dreams and make the necessary sacrifices to do so. If you want it bad enough, you will do what it takes to make it happen. Look within and you'll find the answer. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with Dharma about determinedDoc. Dont pay attention to him.

If you want to be a physician, go for it. It is hard to talk about your chances without knowing your stats, EC's etc.

I know some one who just started his first year of medical school at age 42, you can make a big change in your life anytime you want. If you did well in your undergrad and masters programs, I think it is totally worth going for it.

Like Stoic said, it is tough to know talk about your chances with knowing stats. Regardless, you should check out the nontrad forums.