3rd time applicant, 23 DAT, 3.6 GPA, no acceptance, advice please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Garage. 3rd floor. 1:07 am. Come alone.
Dw. I'll come prepared with tons of weapons just in case >: ).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
how did we get to this LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
So an update to those that care, ended up getting more interviews at Tufts, Detroit, Western, and nyu. And after my first mock interview with this legend @Incis0r, I got into Tufts, which was the first school I interviewed at after his help. Hella damn happy right now. Just wanted to give him a shout out cuz of how much I appreciated his help lmfao.

Reactions: 44 users
So an update to those that care, ended up getting more interviews at Tufts, Detroit, Western, and nyu. And after my first mock interview with this legend @Incis0r, I got into Tufts, which was the first school I interviewed at after his help. Hella damn happy right now. Just wanted to give him a shout out cuz of how much I appreciated his help lmfao.
Wow @incisor that's so nice of you to go out of your way to help SDN. Perhaps I should consult you before my other 3 interviews coming up haha

Happy to help, man. I am sure that Detroit, Western, and NYU will make the right decision and admit you as well.
Congratulations again!!!!! You've earned it!

Reactions: 10 users
Amazing news, Congrats man!

Reactions: 3 users

Hey congrats. I actually looked at the thread in hope you got in!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome news!

@Incis0r I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUU. I have been waitlisted from Touro now. 5th interview coming up at BU and no schools want me still.. I might need you mr ninja.. I'm so undesirable man :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

@Incis0r I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUU. I have been waitlisted from Touro now. 5th interview coming up at BU and no schools want me still.. I might need you mr ninja.. I'm so undesirable man :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You will win BU.
Ninja Air Support on the way, over.

Reactions: 4 users
@Incis0r should start a personal interviewing company. Charge @LuckBloodandSweat double.

Man this made me smile, haha. Thanks for the compliment.

I get a ton of happiness out of helping hardworking folks like @xuzoo succeed . He's been applying for THREE YEARS. That shows dedication and perseverance. And I am excited that TUSDM gave him a chance - he's going to be an awesome dentist with that kind of initiative.

Reactions: 3 users

Congrats! So happy for you!!

CONGRATS! Your hard work paid off and now you're going to be a dentist! Mission accomplished

This made my day! So well-deserved. Persistence is key to success everyone.

Man this made me smile, haha. Thanks for the compliment.

I get a ton of happiness out of helping hardworking folks like @xuzoo succeed . He's been applying for THREE YEARS. That shows dedication and perseverance. And I am excited that TUSDM gave him a chance - he's going to be an awesome dentist with that kind of initiative.
Bro, help me!! i am waitlisted at 8 schools. None of the schools love me. oh wait.. NO more interviews coming up. i have wasted 8 chances. what to do now?

Bro, help me!! i am waitlisted at 8 schools. None of the schools love me. oh wait.. NO more interviews coming up. i have wasted 8 chances. what to do now?

How about LOIs to other schools you applied to that still haven't invited you for an interview?

Last edited:
8 waitlists is better than 8 rejections or 8 silent/no information. Have you sent in a Letter of Intent to each program?

How about LOIs to other schools you applied to that still haven't invited you for an interview?
What is letter of intent? sorry dont know. if i write to school X that u r my top choice and if get accepted i would attend it. then do i really have to attend if accepted?? i applied to 10 schools. i dont want more interviews. i dont have money to buy flight tickets. i just want to be accepted anywhere. after finding out how he was waitlisted at 7 schools first time and got rejected, i m so scared about my position now.

What is letter of intent? sorry dont know. if i write to school X that u r my top choice and if get accepted i would attend it. then do i really have to attend if accepted??

Letter of Intent is basically an expression of interest.

Last edited:
Letter of Intent is basically an expression of interest. You write it to the programs that you care about a lot and where you can see yourself. In some schools, it helps a lot.
PM you

Hey guys, just a final update for ya'llll to end this thread. It is currently May 9, 2017 and I just got into Western on April 28th(for those who might read this in the future) and I ended up with four acceptances and I will be attending WesternU. Final shoutout @Incis0r. I know you aspired to go into academia to make a change in others lives, but I want you to know that you have already made one in mine. Good luck everyone and never give up on your dreams! =].

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 users
[deleted]
Grats on acceptances!

Reactions: 1 user