3rd time DATer....however..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H to the Izzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently, 3rd time is atleast a decent charm in my case. The first time I took it I got a 16 AA 16 TS and 16 PAT, second time 17 AA, 18 TS, and 14 PAT ouch.... and today, I just took it I think for the last time and did ok, so this is a bit of a testimony that everyone can do it...trust me.

AA 18
TS 20 with a 21 in the bio section which I was pretty stoked about.
PAT 15 :( hmm...I thought I did much better, but this section is soo unpredictable.

Anyway, considering that I had studied for it two previous times...I felt like I had a good grasp on the science material, and honestly, I felt like I was more prepared the second time, but my score is not indicative of that. So, prior to today's exam, I studied pretty hard for a week and a half straight for a bout 4hrs straight each day and the last two days, I took a couple of practice exams at kaplan but never became complacent with the studying no matter how much I thought I knew it.

The nuts and bolts of the exam.
Bio: I was totally shocked on my killer score in this section since I was prolly most skeptical about this section more than other section on the test...but that's what standardized test will prove to you. Same old story here though. I had actually a lot of embryology and questions on plants....lots of classification....know classification of all organisms like the back of your hand.

GC: NOt bad....just typical stuff...molarity and trends like you all know.

Ochem: I thought I did really well on this one...but only managed a 19...but still decent. Lots of Grignard reactions...EAS reactions...the usual.

PAT: All I can say is that the angles are ridiculous man. No one in there right mind can discrimantion between each one...Literally off by like a half degree..quite frankly almost unfair..but whatever.

Math: Standard....lots of cos/sin/tan functions

Anyway, that's my two cents for everyone. I have just applied to NYU, Tufts, and BU....and since most of the other schools deadlines are past or quickly approaching, it's really too late to try to submit an application..What should I do? What about my PAT score?...quite low actually. Will that impact my chances severely? 3.4 Overall and science 3.3.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I'd apply for the next cycle. It's getting kinda late for this one. You should submit your application right in May. The earlier you send it, the better chance you have. Just my 2 cents though... follow your heart and gut :) Good luck.