3rd year Burnout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my god! I"m done. I'm f'ing done! I can't believe it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I'm going to freak out. AUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! No more third year. Finally, respect and responsibility! Being treated like crap is over!!!!!!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but as a fourth year you don't get that much more respect... :oops:

(maybe a tiny bit more, but not much)

stoic said:
i hate you all so much for ruining what was nearly uncontrollable excitment about start med school in fall.

Yeah, curb your enthusiasm now, JR.

Just 3 and 1/2 more weeks! Hahahahaaa! Haaa! Muuuuhahahaa!

*breaks down crying* I hate this ****! No mas! No mas! 3 and 1/2 weeks is too long!

I scare myself. I am scared that during this last 3 and 1/2 weeks I am going to snap and tell an Attending what he can do with his Opthalmoscope. Screw patients who continuously allow their children be admitted to the hospital because they won't give them their asthma medicine. Screw a full H & P and physical exam when the patient only has a runny nose. Screw the laundry list DDX diagnosis when I know they just have a sore thumb.

Screw "you know what, that is a good question. Why don't you look up the answer and give a 10 minute presentation on it."

I am outta here!

Members don't see this ad :)
The respect doesn't get much better in 4th year, but at least you have more choice in your rotations.

There is an tiny step up in respect in intern year, but don't expect it to be that much better.

I would much rather repeat 3rd year than intern year any day.

4th year is all electives for us. 3 weeks 4 days to go...

I hate third year. :thumbdown: I'm tired of being a peon. Thank God, Allah, and all that is holy that there's only 1.5 weeks to go.

Thank God for this thread.

Never in my history of SDN have I actually read all the posts in a 3 page thread until today. I spent the last 15 minutes laughing out loud reading each and every one of them.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having these horrible thoughts! :thumbup:

Guys, I was being sarcastic about the whole respect thing. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been so unenthusiastic on my medicine rotation that I had my resident tell me today that maybe I shouldn't have gone to med school.

He's right. F third year.

Rod Farva said:
I've been so unenthusiastic on my medicine rotation that I had my resident tell me today that maybe I shouldn't have gone to med school.

I found out that my girlfriends sister is making $2500/week doing an internship at a law firm in NYC this summer. Thats like $25000 in a little over 2 months. I took the wrong admissions test back in college. :thumbdown:

Rod Farva said:

I'm worried that this will be me in a few years...I just finished 1st year and am visiting this forum for the first time. Already I'm nowhere near as motivated as a lot of other med students I know...and have seriously debated switching to vet school too...I can so see a resident telling me I picked the wrong career! Yikes...what to do about that... :confused:

It's gotten too hard to hide how pissed I am when my resident tells me that the 80 hour work week doesn't apply to me and so I'm supposed to go see patients after being in the hospital for 30 hours, while the intern I was on call with went home hours ago!!!! GRRRR!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm a happy man today....3rd YEAR IF FINALLY OVER. I had the greatest sense of relief walking out of the hospital today...please tell me that 4th year will be better.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

rotatores said:
I'm a happy man today....3rd YEAR IF FINALLY OVER. I had the greatest sense of relief walking out of the hospital today...please tell me that 4th year will be better.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

I am with you, my friend. i take my last shelf exam tommorow and this feel so sweeeeeeeeet! F k em all!