3rd year questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ankiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would love advice from fellow DO students on how to prepare for COMATs and for Level 2? Did you do UW throughout the year? Use COMQUEST/COMBANK either the comat or comlex banks through the year? OME?

Also, is it necessary for a DO student who did well on Step 1 (want FM) to take Step 2? Level 2 okay for acgme FM?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

OnlineMedEd + Uworld along with youtube and googling explanations for things like interpreting Non-Stress tests, etc is adequate for the most part and has gotten me to do well on the NBME shelfs. Other people benefit a lot from books like Stepup2medicine or case files but I never read it. I didn't like Casefiles either honestly, I thought it teaches you how to think when doing it in practice already does that well enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Would love advice from fellow DO students on how to prepare for COMATs and for Level 2? Did you do UW throughout the year? Use COMQUEST/COMBANK either the comat or comlex banks through the year? OME?

Also, is it necessary for a DO student who did well on Step 1 (want FM) to take Step 2? Level 2 okay for acgme FM?

Thanks!

Our school bought us COMBANK level 2 qbank and its COMAT qbanks for each specialty. I did well on most of the COMATs using only COMBANK. I didn't want to spend the money to buy UWorld for the whole year and only bought the 6-month subscription to study for step 2 CK.

I like to read, so I used books throughout my rotations and for step 2 CK and level 2.

Definitely recommend using the free OME videos throughout the year. It's a good overview of everything.

COMATs are so unpredictable, but I guess that's to be expected from NBOME exam writers.