3rd year...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H_Caulfield

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...makes me want to kill myself. I just got a "pass" in pediatrics, instead of the "high pass" i was expecting, because the residents never found the evaluation forms I'd tacked to their board. Three residents never evaluated me. My classmates, wonderful gunners that they are, HAD all tacked their forms to the board as well...the theory being that we were all in it together, and that if one person's evals didn't get submitted then neither did anybody elses. Yet, somehow, I'm the only one with this problem. Wonderful people, my classmates are.

And now I need to find some way to forget about this enough to see patients from now until 6 and write 11 SOAP notes. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

...makes me want to kill myself. I just got a "pass" in pediatrics, instead of the "high pass" i was expecting, because the residents never found the evaluation forms I'd tacked to their board. Three residents never evaluated me. My classmates, wonderful gunners that they are, HAD all tacked their forms to the board as well...the theory being that we were all in it together, and that if one person's evals didn't get submitted then neither did anybody elses. Yet, somehow, I'm the only one with this problem. Wonderful people, my classmates are.

And now I need to find some way to forget about this enough to see patients from now until 6 and write 11 SOAP notes. :thumbdown:

Tacking up your evals between that year-old car ad and club flyer hoping your residents remember to pick it up isn't exactly going out of your way to succeed you know. Own it, sounds kinda silly to blame it on your classmates or residents. And anyway, why would your grade have been any different? Did only the mean vindictive resident evaluate you?

Actually the senior resident suggested we leave them up there, and I abided by his advice in an attempt not to be a pesky gunner. Bugging the hell out of the residents also seems an unlikely way to succeed. It's just that if my classmates were going to change the plan, I could have used some notification from them.

My evals were good, but the fact that I had 6 instead of 9 of them provided for, obviously, less positive info about me. 9 great evals tends to look better than 6. I don't think it should have been held against me, quite frankly, but I was told by the course director that it's the reason.

Thanks for understanding

It seems odd to mean that six "great" evals would be a reason for a pass...I would think that 6 mediocre evals would be a better reason for one. Are you sure there isn't another component to your pass grade?

Anyway, just take it as a learning experience and move on. Getting evals can be a total pain in the ass and sometimes it requires multiple email reminders, but sometimes that's the only way they get done (in fact, if you can email the evals to the residents so they can just email them to the course director, it makes it a lot easier for them to do). A pass in peds won't prevent you from doing anything you want in the future...just do your best the rest of the year. Good luck.