4.0/527, but rejected everywhere. Where did I go wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quite possible - I was thinking the OP could go for two birds with one stone with that approach.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that OP sure looks like a superstar.

Multiple II and then rejections hint strongly at weak interview skills. Also, list is too top heavy and should have had some Emory/Einstein class schools. I recommend getting in ~30 more shadowing hours

@thatguysofly , you can't reinvent a perfect set of stats. Suggest getting more service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Add the following to your school list next year:
Kaiser
Emory
Western MI
USF/Morsani
UTxSW
U IA
U Cincy
U Rochester
Hofstra
U WI
SUNY.SW
U MA
Brown
Tufts
SLU
Baylor
U Pitt
Appreciate the feedback greatly!

Definitely looking into soup kitchen volunteering right now, trying to boost that aspect.

Which schools should I remove from my original list to accommodate those new schools? I'm a little hesitant to apply to many of the T20 schools again, trying to play it safe and also afraid that they'll look badly on me/expect a lot more from me as a reapplicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the feedback greatly!

Definitely looking into soup kitchen volunteering right now, trying to boost that aspect.

Which schools should I remove from my original list to accommodate those new schools? I'm a little hesitant to apply to many of the T20 schools again, trying to play it safe and also afraid that they'll look badly on me/expect a lot more from me as a reapplicant.
Remove:

Harvard
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Cornell
Stanford

Keep the rest to see how they respond this time. WUSTL is supposed to like high MCAT scorers.

Reactions: 1 users
"nonclinical experience is similarly lackluster with barely the minimum hours to avoid elimination": I applied with fewer nonclinical hours and got accepted to multiple T20s. Lack of nonclinical never even came up in interview. I have never heard anyone say 250 hours is barely the minimum and lackluster.

@thatguysofly , you're in a great place, honestly. I'm telling you as someone that was once in your very shoes. Your problem was honestly just your lower clinicals combined with a terrible school list (You only applied to 3 schools outside the T20) and mediocre interview performance. Your 4 interviews were at spectacular places. If your application was carried by purely just numbers, these schools wouldn't have interviewed you since half their class has 520+ stats. Especially UCLA, which really focuses on the holistic app.

I'm a reapplicant with 4.0 520+ that got into multiple T20s my second try after fixing those very mistakes. Your future is bright! Good luck!
Can I PM you?

Remove:

Harvard
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Cornell
Stanford

Keep the rest to see how they respond this time. WUSTL is supposed to like high MCAT scorers.
I honestly don't know - I think you're still pack fodder for those schools. Whether or not to apply depends on a lot of things - including how deep your pockets are. In your shoes...I'd do the Fulbright, get some volunteering in while there, and if you can return home and set up shadowing with a primary care doctor do so. Still recommending something like community theater for at-risk kids in your new country. Yes, working as a barista might be more helpful...but the community theater may build your social/interview skills and show that you have other interests than earning perfect grades and stratospheric MCAT scores. Good luck. As long as your interview skills and letters aren't garbage you have an excellent chance of being accepted!

Reactions: 2 users