EnviroDentist

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So AADSAS has implemented new rules for the next application of a maximum of 4 LOR or one letter from a pre-health advisor/committee and one additional letter. So if you choose the 4 letter option are the letters from:
2 science profs
1 non-science profs
1 dentist
?
And the other option is the second letter from a dentist?

Thanks and good luck in '08

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So AADSAS has implemented new rules for the next application of a maximum of 4 LOR or one letter from a pre-health advisor/committee and one additional letter. So if you choose the 4 letter option are the letters from:
2 science profs
1 non-science profs
1 dentist
?
And the other option is the second letter from a dentist?

Thanks and good luck in '08

that sounds pretty standard. personally, i wouldn't want 6 or 7 letters if i had to read them.

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
some schools require 3 science letters, and almost no school requires a non science (or non that i applied to). so i submitted 3 science letters and one dentist letter last year, and that was good enough for every school i applied to. the non science can't hurt, but make sure you don't need 3 science letters

About the Ads

gogiantsss

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
is there a link to this new 4 letter rule? i want to read up on this some more. thanks!

gogiantsss

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i know that columbia and BU requires 3 science LORs. How would this affect their respective requirements? would we have to send the LORs directly to them? or will they modify their reqs to match aadsas

bionerd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
some schools require 3 science letters, and almost no school requires a non science (or non that i applied to). so i submitted 3 science letters and one dentist letter last year, and that was good enough for every school i applied to. the non science can't hurt, but make sure you don't need 3 science letters

not true! while I was doing research about dental schools, i realized I couldn't apply to quite a few just because I didn't know any non-science professors. A lot of schools require it, but not ALL. I think people should send 2 science, 1 non-science, and dentist to AADSAS. Then, for the schools that require a 3rd science letter, just tell your professor to send directly to that school. Of course, you'll have to provide lots of stamps and envelopes that way.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.