SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

4 letters

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EnviroDentist, Mar 3, 2007.

  1. EnviroDentist

    EnviroDentist 2+ Year Member

    Feb 27, 2007
    So AADSAS has implemented new rules for the next application of a maximum of 4 LOR or one letter from a pre-health advisor/committee and one additional letter. So if you choose the 4 letter option are the letters from:
    2 science profs
    1 non-science profs
    1 dentist
    And the other option is the second letter from a dentist?

    Thanks and good luck in '08
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. QuackDentist

    QuackDentist I'm your ugly duckling. 2+ Year Member

    Sep 7, 2006
    that sounds pretty standard. personally, i wouldn't want 6 or 7 letters if i had to read them.
  4. pacbum

    pacbum 7+ Year Member

    Oct 9, 2006
    some schools require 3 science letters, and almost no school requires a non science (or non that i applied to). so i submitted 3 science letters and one dentist letter last year, and that was good enough for every school i applied to. the non science can't hurt, but make sure you don't need 3 science letters
  5. gogiantsss

    gogiantsss 2+ Year Member

    Feb 4, 2007
    is there a link to this new 4 letter rule? i want to read up on this some more. thanks!
  6. gogiantsss

    gogiantsss 2+ Year Member

    Feb 4, 2007
    i know that columbia and BU requires 3 science LORs. How would this affect their respective requirements? would we have to send the LORs directly to them? or will they modify their reqs to match aadsas
  7. bionerd

    bionerd 7+ Year Member

    Apr 29, 2006
    not true! while I was doing research about dental schools, i realized I couldn't apply to quite a few just because I didn't know any non-science professors. A lot of schools require it, but not ALL. I think people should send 2 science, 1 non-science, and dentist to AADSAS. Then, for the schools that require a 3rd science letter, just tell your professor to send directly to that school. Of course, you'll have to provide lots of stamps and envelopes that way.

Share This Page