40-50 patients a day. How?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A doctor doing order entry or typing their own notes is a clerk.
That’s me, a glorified clerk. When I first started I had my staff putting in all my orders. After a new fill in put in the wrong MRI orders the head admin at the hospital said I could no longer have them put in orders as it was “outside their scope of practice”. yet it’s not outside the scope of practice for PAs and NPs to work independently as doctors. It’s messed up

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Current practice can't seem to hold onto MAs for the life of them. Dictation software was $1000 per year out of my already low paycheck per month which made me feel like I was getting nickled and dimed a little bit.

Type all my own notes, enter my own orders and some days, load my own patients and turn over my own rooms (not procedure days). Envious of the support for some of these setups!

On a side note, still glad to see almost no one glorifying being able to see 50-70 patients a day.

Reactions: 1 user
Current practice can't seem to hold onto MAs for the life of them. Dictation software was $1000 per year out of my already low paycheck per month which made me feel like I was getting nickled and dimed a little bit.

Type all my own notes, enter my own orders and some days, load my own patients and turn over my own rooms (not procedure days). Envious of the support for some of these setups!

On a side note, still glad to see almost no one glorifying being able to see 50-70 patients a day.

stop typing

is this who you are?

1680287099657.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me this morning: I’m going to start being more efficient
Get there at 7:45 and find out I had a patient scheduled at 7:30 (normally I start at 8:00 on Friday).
It’s a work comp patient, with pain throughout the body, who came from 3 hours away, technically a follow up after MBB was denied so it’s in a 15 minute slot. Newly on oxygen since last seen, for an unknown reason, admits her oximeter is dropping overnight and her husband has to wake her up and remind her to breathe. On Norco TID from PCP. Also admits that she’s had cauda equina symptoms since her last surgery but hasn’t told anyone because she was embarrassed about the bowel incontinence.
It was not a good start to my day.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
it can be done using an orthopedic model. it is hard to do using a "pain" model.

ill sometimes see 40 patients a day. thats too much. usually 12-15 shots and 15 or so clinic patient is where i max out.

if you bill mostly level 4's and do our bread and butter stuff, that should be plenty. i will say that if you can cut out all opioids, you will be able to see a lot more patients and feel a lot less burnt out. call me an a-hole, but it leads to a much more fulfilling professional life
Yes you're right. I wrote very few controlled subs. And it is much more fulfilling.