45 Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinesio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Through some friends of mine, I have access to all of the TPR full-length exams and all of the Kaplan full-length exams. With both online systems, I have access to all AAMC exams. Before my friends came through and hooked me up, I was planning on buying all 7 TBR exams and all 10 Gold Standard exams. Add all of that up and I have 45 practice exams.

I'm taking the exam in January and I'm going to full-length the hell out of each one of these exams and rock this exam in January.

I am scoring a 45. 45 practice exams...for a 45 on the MCAT. It all works out...yeah.

Members don't see this ad.

That's just a wee bit overkill

I would not touch the AAMC tests until around a month before your actual exam and make sure you don't burn yourself out

I would not touch the AAMC tests until around a month before your actual exam and make sure you don't burn yourself out

True. I also think its a good idea to take TBR CBT's right before AAMC tests since people here say its pretty challenging.

Members don't see this ad :)

Agree. Definitely do not burn yourself out. The AAMCs are the best predictors of your score, do you'll want to take them when you are most prepared.

As mentioned, that's overkill. At that point, you're unlikely to be able to do a thorough post-test analysis (unless if you stretch your schedule over a really long time which isn't a good idea either). Furthermore, you will probably burn yourself out.

I agree. You're heading for a burnout with 45.

I took 13 exams, plus the real deal and I wouldn't have wanted to take anymore than that.

I think you're better off limiting it.

You can take some of those as sectionals, but I wouldn't use them all as full lengths. For instance, if you're weak in PS, take just the PS on a number of those exams and really hit the post game analysis. That way you can target weaknesses and focus on them by revisiting the content.

I do agree with everyone else though. Save the AAMC's until the month before you go in for the real deal.