• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

45 Practice Exams

Kinesio

Jul 6, 2009
  1. Pre-Medical
Through some friends of mine, I have access to all of the TPR full-length exams and all of the Kaplan full-length exams. With both online systems, I have access to all AAMC exams. Before my friends came through and hooked me up, I was planning on buying all 7 TBR exams and all 10 Gold Standard exams. Add all of that up and I have 45 practice exams.

I'm taking the exam in January and I'm going to full-length the hell out of each one of these exams and rock this exam in January.

I am scoring a 45. 45 practice exams...for a 45 on the MCAT. It all works out...yeah.

About the Ads

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
That's just a wee bit overkill

I would not touch the AAMC tests until around a month before your actual exam and make sure you don't burn yourself out

Agree. Definitely do not burn yourself out. The AAMCs are the best predictors of your score, do you'll want to take them when you are most prepared.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
As mentioned, that's overkill. At that point, you're unlikely to be able to do a thorough post-test analysis (unless if you stretch your schedule over a really long time which isn't a good idea either). Furthermore, you will probably burn yourself out.

Cunninglinguist

Removed
Jul 20, 2009
  1. Non-Student
I agree. You're heading for a burnout with 45.

I took 13 exams, plus the real deal and I wouldn't have wanted to take anymore than that.

I think you're better off limiting it.

You can take some of those as sectionals, but I wouldn't use them all as full lengths. For instance, if you're weak in PS, take just the PS on a number of those exams and really hit the post game analysis. That way you can target weaknesses and focus on them by revisiting the content.

I do agree with everyone else though. Save the AAMC's until the month before you go in for the real deal.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.