47 Days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vandalia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mr Chambers was detained in police custody for 47 days. During this time he was routinely supplied with food [!] and water, received medical visits every day and comprehensive reports of his state of health were provided to the court…. His health, wellbeing and dignity [!] were paramount at all times. Despite this, nothing was passed [!] by Mr Chambers, who also routinely declined medical treatment and the opportunity to visit hospital.

And yet, on Monday, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that not only had the young man still not complied, it had decided to drop the drug-possession charges against him on grounds of (wait for it) “insufficient evidence.”

(exclamation points in the original)

"Upon his release from our custody, Mr Chambers was taken by police car, in company with a medical professional, to hospital for treatment. We understand that since his release Mr Chambers has been treated in hospital."

Suspect’s Toilet Strike Ends After 47 Days—Successfully | Lowering the Bar

I have a very strong suspicion he was .... recycling ... when no one was looking.

So has anyone had a patient that can beat 47 days? Youngsters (and oldsters) what would you do if this guy showed up in your ED in police custody?

Hopefully not what happened here: $1.6 million for man subjected to enemas, colonoscopy by cops - CNN

Members don't see this ad.

what's worse, detaining a person for 47 days or dropping an NG tube and golytely against their will?

So has anyone had a patient that can beat 47 days? Youngsters (and oldsters) what would you do if this guy showed up in your ED in police custody?
Visit Miami. They've got a section of people just waiting to poop.
If they had a warrant, and the patient agreed to the procedure, I'd give golytely. Otherwise, they can find their own agent of the court, because I'm not one.

Reactions: 1 user