1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

4th Year Scheduling

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by leagueelbow, May 14, 2008.

1. leagueelbow

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Schedules were released today

Radiology rotations: 0 (We're talking diagnostic and interventional)
    Away rotations: 0 (I've applied for one but my school isn't giving me a slot)
    Radiology LORs: 0 (I've got 2 IM LORs, a FM LOR, and a derm LOR)

Heck, my first 3 rotations are garbage ones. As in no medicine Sub-I, no emergency medicine, nothing substantial at all to pick up another letter.

Hmm...is this considered a deathblow for a radiology application? I've tried whining to the office registrar but so far, it's falling on deaf ears.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hans19

hans19 I'm back...
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The death blow is a low step I score + bad grades.

4. leagueelbow

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So even with no radiology experience, radiology research, or radiology letters, I'd still have a shot with decent grades and decent board scores?

(I'm not looking at top notch programs here. I'm looking to purely match. Preferably in a desirable location but hey, beggars can't be choosers. :p)

5. hans19

hans19 I'm back...
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Its better to have some radiology experience, but if you have good numbers and a good score, and a good reason why you want to do radiology you won't have problems. If you showed up to the radiology party fashionably late, at least do 1 radiology elective before you interview... you don't have to do one by the time you apply but surely you can find some rads experience SOMEWHERE before december...