4th Year Scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leagueelbow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Schedules were released today

Radiology rotations: 0 (We're talking diagnostic and interventional)
Away rotations: 0 (I've applied for one but my school isn't giving me a slot)
Radiology LORs: 0 (I've got 2 IM LORs, a FM LOR, and a derm LOR)

Heck, my first 3 rotations are garbage ones. As in no medicine Sub-I, no emergency medicine, nothing substantial at all to pick up another letter.

Hmm...is this considered a deathblow for a radiology application? I've tried whining to the office registrar but so far, it's falling on deaf ears.

Members don't see this ad.

Schedules were released today

Radiology rotations: 0 (We're talking diagnostic and interventional)
Away rotations: 0 (I've applied for one but my school isn't giving me a slot)
Radiology LORs: 0 (I've got 2 IM LORs, a FM LOR, and a derm LOR)

Heck, my first 3 rotations are garbage ones. As in no medicine Sub-I, no emergency medicine, nothing substantial at all to pick up another letter.

Hmm...is this considered a deathblow for a radiology application? I've tried whining to the office registrar but so far, it's falling on deaf ears.

The death blow is a low step I score + bad grades.

So even with no radiology experience, radiology research, or radiology letters, I'd still have a shot with decent grades and decent board scores?

(I'm not looking at top notch programs here. I'm looking to purely match. Preferably in a desirable location but hey, beggars can't be choosers. :p)

So even with no radiology experience, radiology research, or radiology letters, I'd still have a shot with decent grades and decent board scores?

(I'm not looking at top notch programs here. I'm looking to purely match. Preferably in a desirable location but hey, beggars can't be choosers. :p)

Its better to have some radiology experience, but if you have good numbers and a good score, and a good reason why you want to do radiology you won't have problems. If you showed up to the radiology party fashionably late, at least do 1 radiology elective before you interview... you don't have to do one by the time you apply but surely you can find some rads experience SOMEWHERE before december...