4th Year Scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leagueelbow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schedules were released today

Radiology rotations: 0 (We're talking diagnostic and interventional)
Away rotations: 0 (I've applied for one but my school isn't giving me a slot)
Radiology LORs: 0 (I've got 2 IM LORs, a FM LOR, and a derm LOR)

Heck, my first 3 rotations are garbage ones. As in no medicine Sub-I, no emergency medicine, nothing substantial at all to pick up another letter.

Hmm...is this considered a deathblow for a radiology application? I've tried whining to the office registrar but so far, it's falling on deaf ears.
 
Schedules were released today

Radiology rotations: 0 (We're talking diagnostic and interventional)
Away rotations: 0 (I've applied for one but my school isn't giving me a slot)
Radiology LORs: 0 (I've got 2 IM LORs, a FM LOR, and a derm LOR)

Heck, my first 3 rotations are garbage ones. As in no medicine Sub-I, no emergency medicine, nothing substantial at all to pick up another letter.

Hmm...is this considered a deathblow for a radiology application? I've tried whining to the office registrar but so far, it's falling on deaf ears.

The death blow is a low step I score + bad grades.
 
So even with no radiology experience, radiology research, or radiology letters, I'd still have a shot with decent grades and decent board scores?

(I'm not looking at top notch programs here. I'm looking to purely match. Preferably in a desirable location but hey, beggars can't be choosers. 😛)
 
So even with no radiology experience, radiology research, or radiology letters, I'd still have a shot with decent grades and decent board scores?

(I'm not looking at top notch programs here. I'm looking to purely match. Preferably in a desirable location but hey, beggars can't be choosers. 😛)

Its better to have some radiology experience, but if you have good numbers and a good score, and a good reason why you want to do radiology you won't have problems. If you showed up to the radiology party fashionably late, at least do 1 radiology elective before you interview... you don't have to do one by the time you apply but surely you can find some rads experience SOMEWHERE before december...