4x4 photos w supp. apps.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1stlady90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not camera savvy but for those of you who need to send a 4x4 photo with your supplemental application how do you make sure it is 4x4 when you electronically upload it to your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not camera savvy but for those of you who need to send a 4x4 photo with your supplemental application how do you make sure it is 4x4 when you electronically upload it to your application?

You can crop it using Photoshop or any one of the many website that does photo manipulation.

Usually, when it is an internet thing, there is a size restriction in terms of megabytes or kilobites rather than inches.

Members don't see this ad :)
what school do you need the 4x4 photo for? the schools I applied to only required 2x2

what school do you need the 4x4 photo for? the schools I applied to only required 2x2

:thumbup:

And if it is 2x2 like it was for me... just put 6 photos together (2 rows of 3 each) and print it on a standard photo paper that is 4x6. Then you'll know each piece is 2x2. Or, if you are tech savvy, determine your resolution, then you can measure your screen to figure out actual size on paper :D

There are tons of websites online that will let you convert it to whatever dimensions you need (like Ionz said).

I just took the picture with my camera at home, went to CVS with my memory card and used the Kodak kiosk there (select the ID photo option). It was like $2 for about 6 of the pictures.

You can also have them take the picture for you (like $10 total), but they usually have a cheap camera and its just the cashier that takes the photo....you will get a better picture if you take in a shot you like and just print it there.

The post office also does passport pictures.

I just took the picture with my camera at home, went to CVS with my memory card and used the Kodak kiosk there (select the ID photo option). It was like $2 for about 6 of the pictures.

You can also have them take the picture for you (like $10 total), but they usually have a cheap camera and its just the cashier that takes the photo....you will get a better picture if you take in a shot you like and just print it there.

The post office also does passport pictures.

This is exactly what I did - wore a blazer, shirt & tie, and had a friend take the picture of me against a plain colored wall. When I cropped them on the computer, they didn't turn out to be exactly 2"x2", but it was close enough. They're not going to break out a ruler - just fill up the space provided with a professional headshot.

ps - for those mac users, GIMP is a great (free) photo editing software ----> http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

I went into Walgreens for passport photos and had them take my photo. But I realized it was too expensive to purchase several passport photos. I ended up cropping and duplicating my picture to fit on a 4x6 photo which left each picture dimension to be 2x3. A little magic with scissors and voila: 2x2 photos!

I am now worried that dental schools will scrutinize how even my cutting job was :confused::scared::shrug:

right,There are tons of websites online that will let you convert it to whatever dimensions you need
25.gif

Thanks everyone I will try to take the pic with my own camera and upload it through a website or take it to cvs and have it printed.

four times four is sixteen. you have to submit sixteen different pictures of yourself