5 hour energy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wth lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's not a successful session unless 'post-sex burn that happens sometimes' with the strengths of a thousand angry suns.
It might also be the fact that I wear skinny jeans on occasion (don't judge) that cause pinched nerves in my thigh area.

Or herpes

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, you seem to be describing a post-workout-esque burn from using dem muscles, and not a strange rash on your legs burn as i thought you originally meant. lolwut retracted :thumbup:

Alright, you seem to be describing a post-workout-esque burn from using dem muscles, and not a strange rash on your legs burn as i thought you originally meant. lolwut retracted :thumbup:
Haha a rash? No, but I think that's the second stage of syphilis. So If anyone here develops a rash in the groin area, go get yourself checked.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

The stuff works for me for a a couple hours and from my experience, if you take another one right afterwards, it should keep you going! It gives you a different type of energy than coffee though so I would personally recommend taking half of it at a time whenever you feel yourself losing energy and kinda go easy on it at first.

As a side note, I drank 5 hour energy whenever I studied for the MCAT (and during the MCAT itself) and now whenever I drink it, it literally tastes like MCAT. Needless to say I can't drink it any more...

Ahhh, so that's what MCAT tastes like....

They work for a while, but after it wears off I definitely get sleepy. I drink them at like 4-5pm. That way when The crash hits (it takes me like 6hrs), I am ready to crawl into bed. Win-Win.

Not worth $3.50 though. Way overpriced for caffeine and some vitamins.

Just take a placeb-...I mean this super awake pill! Works by deactivating your brain's napping centers and stimulating your awakogens!

Just take a placeb-...I mean this super awake pill! Works by deactivating your brain's napping centers and stimulating your awakogens!

*GASP!*

Where can I get this wonder drug?

I don't get the big deal about these energy drinks...why not just set up a routine to sleep from 9-6, 10-7, 10-6, or whatever works for your body?

I don't get the big deal about these energy drinks...why not just set up a routine to sleep from 9-6, 10-7, 10-6, or whatever works for your body?
Because someone decided it would be a good idea to schedule 18 credits of classes for 3 days a week and have the other 4 to do whatever. I feel like such an idiot for it doing it this way...

ugh+face.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach, I did once, not good... Its like taking a vitamin on an empty stomach

vitamins are taken with food to help with absorption, not to reduce any feelings of discomfort.

They work for a while, but after it wears off I definitely get sleepy. I drink them at like 4-5pm. That way when The crash hits (it takes me like 6hrs), I am ready to crawl into bed. Win-Win.

Not worth $3.50 though. Way overpriced for caffeine and some vitamins.

Agreed.

The first time I had one of these, I drank a half bottle and was WIRED. The second time was last week during the last day of exams, when I drank a whole bottle in two gulps. Nothing. I mean I was awake, but no buzz. Damn you caffeine desensitization.

Not sure about the stacking, but I doubt they do. What I usually do is take half of it and take the other half 2 hours later.

Having abused these bad boys before, I will say that I found stacking ineffective.

Why waste money on coffee and energy drinks if you just want energy. Just buy a bottle of No-Doz (60 x 200 mg) for $10 or/and Tuarine (50 x 500 mg) for $10. That right there is only ~$20 for at least 50 hits of each. 50 coffees or 5-hour-energy or Monsters or whatevers would cost you $150+. :thumbup:

Why waste money on coffee and energy drinks if you just want energy. Just buy a bottle of No-Doz (60 x 200 mg) for $10 or/and Tuarine (50 x 500 mg) for $10. That right there is only ~$20 for at least 50 hits of each. 50 coffees or 5-hour-energy or Monsters or whatevers would cost you $150+. :thumbup:
one of my friends used to buy no-doz and he would make his own very caffeinated kool-aid/lemonade/whatever because it was a lot cheaper than buying energy drinks. he would always have a pitcher or two ready to go in the fridge. i might have to steal this idea for med school.

because i actually like drinking coffee...

taking hits of caffeine? that doesnt too doesnt sound too exciting....its not like were talking about x or acid here. id rather go the coffee routine

The first time I had one of these, I drank a half bottle and was WIRED. The second time was last week during the last day of exams, when I drank a whole bottle in two gulps. Nothing. I mean I was awake, but no buzz. Damn you caffeine desensitization.

They let you guys drink caffeine at Loma Linda??
;)

i rely on drugs to keep me awake. i normally sleep 11 hours a day to stay awake for the rest of the day... any less i'll sleep thru all my lectures and fall asleep while diogn work

They let you guys drink caffeine at Loma Linda??
;)

Hahaha, every time I post something like that I get comments like this lol! Yes yes, I drink lots of caffeine and eat lots of in-n-out burgers! OH SNAP :eek: haha

i rely on drugs to keep me awake. i normally sleep 11 hours a day to stay awake for the rest of the day... any less i'll sleep thru all my lectures and fall asleep while diogn work
WTF? Are you some sort of grizzly bear humanoid that can hibernate every night? I get headaches after 8 hours and have to wake up.

Hahaha, every time I post something like that I get comments like this lol! Yes yes, I drink lots of caffeine and eat lots of in-n-out burgers! OH SNAP :eek: haha

oohhh...I could really use an In-n-Out burger right now!

No-Doz :thumbup:

Could it just be a placebo effect but I went through a bottle of "store-brand" bottle of 200mg caffeine pills, I think it was the Rite-Aid ones...But I kind of want to say that I was not experiencing the same level of an effect as I did with the No-Doz kind the semester before. It does say that it's a "compared to", but kind of didn't feel like it.

Could there really be a significant amount of difference between the no-doz and the rite-aid's version, or is it just tolerance or something.

WTF? Are you some sort of grizzly bear humanoid that can hibernate every night? I get headaches after 8 hours and have to wake up.

He got bitten by a radioactive bear. His sleep schedule has been trouble ever since.

Could it just be a placebo effect but I went through a bottle of "store-brand" bottle of 200mg caffeine pills, I think it was the Rite-Aid ones...But I kind of want to say that I was not experiencing the same level of an effect as I did with the No-Doz kind the semester before. It does say that it's a "compared to", but kind of didn't feel like it.

Could there really be a significant amount of difference between the no-doz and the rite-aid's version, or is it just tolerance or something.
No, there is a difference. I didn't buy the Rite-Aid brand but I did buy an alternative brand called Vivarin one time. It also says "compare to No-Doz" on the box. The quality of the caffeine was inferior to that of No-Doz. It wasn't as strong and the effects didn't last as long. Perhaps it has to do with the purity level? Vivarin seemed like some sort of hobo version of No-Doz, so I'd imagine the Rite-Aid brand would be the same.

Last year fall semester, Drank 2 large cups of coffee, 1 monster to stay awake all night, got in 2 hours of sleep, then 3 finals, during my second final I passed out, the TA woke me up, I some how finished the final, then during my third final felt sleepy took a shot of 5 hour energy, and about 20 mins later asked if I could go to the bathroom, went their, threw up, and went back to the exam room. The rest of the day was a little hazy after that.
Never doing that again.

Last year fall semester, Drank 2 large cups of coffee, 1 monster to stay awake all night, got in 2 hours of sleep, then 3 finals, during my second final I passed out, the TA woke me up, I some how finished the final, then during my third final felt sleepy took a shot of 5 hour energy, and about 20 mins later asked if I could go to the bathroom, went their, threw up, and went back to the exam room. The rest of the day was a little hazy after that.
Never doing that again.

caffeine is a mild stimulant and wont keep you awake for extended periods of time. You need stronger **** to do that

No, there is a difference. I didn't buy the Rite-Aid brand but I did buy an alternative brand called Vivarin one time. It also says "compare to No-Doz" on the box. The quality of the caffeine was inferior to that of No-Doz. It wasn't as strong and the effects didn't last as long. Perhaps it has to do with the purity level? Vivarin seemed like some sort of hobo version of No-Doz, so I'd imagine the Rite-Aid brand would be the same.
Thanks. Today I decided to pick up the 60 count bottle of No-Doz, and it does feel a lot better that the Rite-Aid stuff I tried. It could be a placebo effect, at least initially, but it seems like it's actually "working". The rite-aid ones just rushed me through the caffeine high roller coaster and then I was actually feeling even more tired than before like 10 minutes later. Not so with no-doz, starts out smooth and continues smoothly on. I was worried for a moment I was actually building up a tolerance, which would have sucked especially considering it is only somewhat the beginning of the semester. Really looking forward to getting back in the living-at-the-library routine I adopted last semester.

Love this stuff! <3

Make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach, I did once, not good... Its like taking a vitamin on an empty stomach

vitamins are taken with food to help with absorption, not to reduce any feelings of discomfort.

Really? I totally thought vitamin was just another word for tums.... what have I been doing all these years??

Really? I totally thought vitamin was just another word for tums.... what have I been doing all these years??

^This was a very timely bump, since someone just posted about needing a recommendation for how to stay up all night.

Also, B vitamins on an empty stomach do make me want to throw up.