5 Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctormo24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rejection hurts ALOT. This summer I've applied to 10 summer programs and have been rejected from 5 so far.....2 today!

So far amongst the rejected:
Johns Hopkins Research
Univ of Cincinnati Childrens Research
Cornell Summer Travelers Research
Univ. of South FL Pre-Medical Summer Enrichment
Univ. of South FL Health Scholars (because I dont have my own car)

I still have 5 more to go but the ones I really thought I had a chance at are gone...right now to myself I figure ok if i dont have a shot at these programs how do I even have a chance when applying to med school....

Members don't see this ad.

did cincinnati send you and email or call you with a rejection? i applied to UC SURF and haven't heard anything yet.

did cincinnati send you and email or call you with a rejection? i applied to UC SURF and haven't heard anything yet.
It wasnt the SURF program...it was research positions at the childrens hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah if you didn't hear in early-mid may (with some exceptions), expect a rejection.

i didn't hear from mayo surf until april, but that was because the guy who was supposed to contact me was on vacation (?) and didn't receive an important email (??). not sure what was going on there...

Yeah, I applied to about 6 summer research programs this year. So far I've been rejected from two and been accepted to the Emory SURE program. I haven't heard back from the others yet but I'm most likely going to e-mail the directors today and withdraw my applications.