5 Week Study Schedule.... Comments, Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NigerianBull87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys here is my schedule for the next 5 weeks. It is more in-depth and concise as compared to the wavering I have been doing in the past two weeks all over the place in different areas. I would really appreciate any general suggestions and comments on how you feel about the schedule and suggestions for improvement.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• June Schedule.doc
    38 KB · Views: 284
  • July Schedule.doc
    39 KB · Views: 232
Looks good to me, make sure you devote ample time in reviewing those practice exams you take, otherwise you'll be taking them "blindly" and not knowing what your strengths and weaknesses are. Otherwise, you've definitely got a journey ahead of you. Good luck.

I would space out the tests a day a apart at least. Avoids burn-out and allows you to pick up on anything new you discover (i.e. you discover you tend to read the passages too quickly, so in leap day you can practice on some sample material to read slowly and for comprehension, rather than the clock...the day after you practiced on a particular skill/topic, you try to apply it on the next AAMC). It is a stamina test, and if you don't allow your stamina to fully refill, your practice results will suffer, and not to mention your MCAT. However, some people are troopers, but then again some troopers get shot down. Best to play it safe :D

i have to agree with polarizer, taking a practice test every day can be really draining and degrade the rest of your efforts. maybe you can start your practice tests a week earlier and devote the off days to finishing your content review and going over the practice tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
not only that, and by no means am i trying to knock you down, but you will at some point burn out with everything you are trying to do. Doing two EK lectures a day will be extremely draining. you should def factor in some free time.

Looks good, I am taking the exam 10 days before you and have done alot of the same material.

A word of advice:

I would not take Kaplan FL-10/11 the two days before your actual MCAT. Those exams I've heard from numerous sources are pretty badly constructed and can kill your confidence (they are the only two FL's I have yet to take).

Best of luck!!