5 year certificate program at Medical College of Ohio

Started by docmd2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docmd2010

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I have a 3.5 gpa and around a 3.4 or 3.5 science gpa and a 25 MCAT (9B, 10,P, 6V), and was interested in the certificate program at MCO. I was wondering if there is anyone who is in this program or someone that knows a lot about it. From what i've heard you take one year of classes with med students, and you guaranteed an admissions interview. I guess if you do really well in the program (pass classes with honors) they let u into the regular 4 year md program. do you think though if you do really well in the program, that they make you retake the mcat (lets look at my case, for example, a 25)? Or if you do really well there, they'll let u in...? please help...

Thanks!!!!!!
 
docmd2010 said:
Hey guys,

I have a 3.5 gpa and around a 3.4 or 3.5 science gpa and a 25 MCAT (9B, 10,P, 6V), and was interested in the certificate program at MCO. I was wondering if there is anyone who is in this program or someone that knows a lot about it. From what i've heard you take one year of classes with med students, and you guaranteed an admissions interview. I guess if you do really well in the program (pass classes with honors) they let u into the regular 4 year md program. do you think though if you do really well in the program, that they make you retake the mcat (lets look at my case, for example, a 25)? Or if you do really well there, they'll let u in...? please help...

Thanks!!!!!!

i dont know about this prog but i think, like with all others, that just because you are given an invite you are not in. 25 is too low, isn't there a criteria to get into the prog?
good luck