Summer Scholars 2023- OHIO University Heritage college of osteopathic medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130726

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to create this thread and connect with students who applied to this program this year and hopefully get accepted and start in May.
Has anybody heard anything so far?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I’ve been looking everywhere for a thread for this. I applied this year. I’m super nervous and also excited for the opportunity. Hopefully we get accepted! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was a Summer Scholar in 2021! I am in my first year right now at HCOM Athens and loving it! Best of luck, hope you get some good news!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I’ve been looking everywhere for a thread for this. I applied this year. I’m super nervous and also excited for the opportunity. Hopefully we get accepted! :)
Hey! Fingers crossed!
I was like I cannot be the only one who applied to this program! Thanks for commenting, such a relief! LOL

I was a Summer Scholar in 2021! I am in my first year right now at HCOM Athens and loving it! Best of luck, hope you get some good news!
Hey! Congratulations.
Would you mind talking about your experience in this program and how the interview invitation works after completing the program?

Hey! Fingers crossed!
I was like I cannot be the only one who applied to this program! Thanks for commenting, such a relief! LOL

Of course! I actually just emailed the admissions committee to see if there was an estimate of when results would be out due to being in the military and needing to request time off months in advance. Fingers crossed!

Of course! I actually just emailed the admissions committee to see if there was an estimate of when results would be out due to being in the military and needing to request time off months in advance. Fingers crossed!
I was actually concerned about that. In the description of the program website, it says the results should be out by mid-Fabrouray but once you login into the status of your application. there's a box that says results should be out by mid-March.
Looking back at previous threads in here, results were out by mid-April. So really not sure what to expect here.
It's good that you emailed them, let's see what they say now, hopefully, nothing different than those above dates, LOL.

I was actually concerned about that. In the description of the program website, it says the results should be out by mid-Fabrouray but once you login into the status of your application. there's a box that says results should be out by mid-March.
Looking back at previous threads in here, results were out by mid-April. So really not sure what to expect here.
It's good that you emailed them, let's see what they say now, hopefully, nothing different than those above dates, LOL.

They let me know that the selection board convenes this month, with results being anticipated for release by the end of February. So maybe pretty soon!!

Did they email you? any news from them? nothing so far on my end
I also checked the status on their website, and nothing has changed as well!

Hi, yes I was accepted today. I know that they send out acceptances over the span of a few days usually. So I’d keep on the look out next week.

Last edited:
  • Care
Hi, yes I was accepted today. I know that they send out acceptances over the span of a few days usually. So I’d keep on the look out next week.
thank you for letting me know. Just out of curiosity, are you an Ohio resident?
I am tempted to email them on Monday, but don't want to be a bother to them!
Also, I feel like because you mentioned that you need to know as early as possible for the military, they made sure to email you the first one. That's a good sign of them honestly. I wish if there were more people in here to let us know if they heard anything from them, that way we know approx the timing and so on.

thank you for letting me know. Just out of curiosity, are you an Ohio resident?
I am tempted to email them on Monday, but don't want to be a bother to them!
Also, I feel like because you mentioned that you need to know as early as possible for the military, they made sure to email you the first one. That's a good sign of them honestly. I wish if there were more people in here to let us know if they heard anything from them, that way we know approx the timing and so on.

Seriously! Like where are all of the people? the previous years feeds have been so active. I find it hard to believe it was only us. And yes, there is a very good chance that they did that! I am an Ohio resident. I hope you hear back soon!!! Rooting for you.

• Care
Hi again, just out of curiosity have they emailed you again post-acceptance email? I still haven't heard back and when I called 10 days ago, they said that the plan was to notify everyone by March 8th or 9th but still nothing so far.

Hi again, just out of curiosity have they emailed you again post-acceptance email? I still haven't heard back and when I called 10 days ago, they said that the plan was to notify everyone by March 8th or 9th but still nothing so far.

Hi yes. I have started filling out my program details in the portal. Maybe try calling once more?

I called again and they said that they still haven't informed anyone yet and that they will probably do it next Monday or Tuesday when the one who is responsible for sending out emails comes back. NOT sure if you were the only one who notified you or if something else is going on, lol. I am starting to doubt this!
Sorry to bother you but did you get the acceptance email from the admission or from a specific person?

IF SOMEBODY ELSE WHO APPLIED CAN LET US KNOW IF THEY WERE NOTIFIED?
Thank you

Just private messaged you!

Hi,

I also applied to this program and got my acceptance email on Feb 24 and post-acceptance a few days later. I am not a Ohio resident-hope this helps!