502 MCAT 3.5 Science GPA (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldweasley223

Reaction score
Removed for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I just got my MCAT score and was shocked to see a 502. I am hoping to retake this soon, so that I can have a chance at MD maybe. But, I was wondering if this score is "good enough" to apply for DO program this cycle as planned? I was also wondering if it is possible to start applying to schools with this score, and then update them later on with a newer (hopefully better) MCAT score? Here are other statistics about me:

@Faha , @Goro I would love your input!
Thank you so much!
Any DO program, except the Touros, AZCOM and CCOM, for whom your MCAT is too low. Include UNECOM. I can't recommend LMU, ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.

Any DO program, except the Touros, AZCOM and CCOM, for whom your MCAT is too low. Include UNECOM. I can't recommend LMU, ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.
Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have to decide if you will attend a DO school if accepted with your current stats. In that case don’t retake the MCAT until the upcoming cycle plays out. If you have even a bit of doubt about attending a DO school if accepted just hold off until,after you retake the MCAT and see what happens.

You have to decide if you will attend a DO school if accepted with your current stats. In that case don’t retake the MCAT until the upcoming cycle plays out. If you have even a bit of doubt about attending a DO school if accepted just hold off until,after you retake the MCAT and see what happens.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your advice. I am actually very interested in attending a DO program, so I might just try your first bit of advice to see how the cycle plays out.

Reactions: 1 users
I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
PCOM
LECOM
UNECOM
NYITCOM

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
PCOM
LECOM
UNECOM
NYITCOM
Thank you so much! Do you think it would be worthwhile to apply to RowanSOM as well, since it is in state for me?

Thank you so much! Do you think it would be worthwhile to apply to RowanSOM as well, since it is in state for me?
Have you talked with the admissions staff at RowanSOM? I hope you've at least met at a recruitment opportunity, as well as other DO schools in your geographic zone.

I actually have not spoken to them, and was not sure if that is allowed? I haven't meet at any recruitment opportunity, but I am signed up to attend the ChooseDO expo tomorrow and Rowan will be there I believe.
Of course it's allowed, up until you send in an application when contact while welcome may be less responsive.