503 MCAT, 3.8GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my MCAT scores today and got a 503 (Not as well as I had hoped but still 63rd percentile or so). I'm trying to figure out my chances at med schools around my area.

I am from Wisconsin and have a 3.80 GPA studying BioMolecular Engineering. I have accumulated 100 hours of clinical volunteer work, with approximately 30 or so hours of non-clinical volunteer work. I also have 40 hours of shadowing in various specialties.

Along with this work, I have 1 and 1/3 years as a project manager of medical/scientific undergraduate research and design groups for which I have not yet officially published anything.

I am a 4 year varsity athlete and have received numerous high level national athletic and academic awards for my sport. Along with this, I was a two year captain and co-chair of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee at my school. I am a member of a few other societies on campus and will have very strong LORs.

I'm looking to ideally attend Madison or MCW, but I realize my MCAT scores would be on the low end for those schools. I am considering re-taking the MCAT and think I could do a bit better, but I would prefer not to if the rest of my application can overcome the slightly low score.

I'm just trying to figure out what MD or DO schools I could get into in the Midwest with my background.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for most DO schools but cannot depend on any one particular school for an acceptance. You could try these DO schools in the Midwest:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
CCOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCUMB-COM
If you are seriously interested in MD schools you will need to cast a much wider net. Schools where you have a chance for an interview:
U Wisconsin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Roseman (new school that will accept applications some time this year)