507 on AAMC FL1 to 518 on actual exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicken-n-beer

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice or input at this time. I took AAMC 1 as a diagnostic and got a 507. I’ve been studying a moderate amount and should be wrapping up content review this week. I plan on taking 6 FLs between the end of this week and a few days before test day. I’m shooting for a 518. I wrapped up a Masters since taking my diagnostic and reviewed many things. I usually don’t get test anxiety but many basic science passages are tedious to read and make me lose a little focus but I’m able to regroup.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would just wait and see what you get on the other exams then. If a high score was in cars, then obviously your ceiling will be much higher then if you previously scored highest on other sections

I would just wait and see what you get on the other exams then. If a high score was in cars, then obviously your ceiling will be much higher then if you previously scored highest on other sections

Gotcha. Yes, my CARS was fairly strong. As I’ve reviewed the basic science content, I’m recalling things from undergrad and grad school and making connections(i.e. refreshing things I already knew but haven’t used frequently).

507 is a good base. I’m sure you’ll score in at least the mid teens if that was your initial, but a few FLs will be the best assurance.

If you want to post the score breakdowns later, some people here can probably point you to some high yield topics to study to raise a particular section

I actually had a 506 as my baseline: C/P, CARS, B/B, P/S (125/128/127/126). I think my C/P was low because I truly never use Physics concepts but I've reviewed everything and recall most of what I learned in the past. My B/B could be better if I slow down and try not to "read beyond" the passages (i.e. don't rely on background knowledge and just focus on the passage). My P/S should be drastically improved as I have reviewed these concepts. I looked at my total test time and it was only 4 hours and 23 minutes. I guess I'm answering my own questions as I type this out. Maybe I should slow down and take all possible time? Maybe I'll catch more small oversights? I attached the sections breakdowns.

Attachments

• C:P.png
    C:P.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 97
  • CARS.png
    CARS.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 101
  • b:B.png
    b:B.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Ps.png
    Ps.png