MD & DO 51-61%, 3.81 cGPA,3.70 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hippiedervish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So mcat scores weren't as good as I wanted, I got 62-77% on physics and psych, 53-68 on cars, and most dissapointingly of all 39-54 on bio. 51-61 overall.

3.81 cumulative, and 3.7 science as mentioned before.

250+ hours of research experience which I should have a publication on by the end of this semester

200h+ of work experience, as a tutor for science and math, as well as a student worker for my med school's department of fam med.

104 hours of shadowing
60 hours of clinical work
~50 hours of other volunteering

Of course deans list honors, Extra curriculars, leadership (officer for AMSA and president for an international organization diversity educator stuff like that..)

I want you guys to be realistic as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So mcat scores weren't as good as I wanted, I got 62-77% on physics and psych, 53-68 on cars, and most dissapointingly of all 39-54 on bio. 51-61 overall.

3.81 cumulative, and 3.7 science as mentioned before.

250+ hours of research experience which I should have a publication on by the end of this semester

200h+ of work experience, as a tutor for science and math, as well as a student worker for my med school's department of fam med.

104 hours of shadowing
60 hours of clinical work
~50 hours of other volunteering

Of course deans list honors, Extra curriculars, leadership (officer for AMSA and president for an international organization diversity educator stuff like that..)

I want you guys to be realistic as possible.

Based on your overall percentile range, it translates to 25-27 on the old exam (depending on where you ultimately fall).
Your GPA is great. You should be fine for DO schools. Unfortunately I think you might have a tough time with MD, but it depends what state you are from, whether or not you are URM, and if you end up at the low or high end of that range