512, 3.6, strong research

Started by 27mm
Tags Tags
school list
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

27mm

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would appreciate any help making a bigger school list.

MCAT: 512
GPA: 3.6 (upward trend)

- 200 hours clinical volunteering
- 300 hours non-clinical volunteering
- 100 hours shadowing
- 3 yrs research mostly in one lab (1 first-author paper; 4 posters; 6 awards)
- 1 yr tutoring (influenced the system a little)
- 1 yr employment in biotech startup
- 1 semester tech internship
- several club involvements but no leadership roles

Since I am in Missouri, I am currently looking at:
- WashU
- SLU
- UM Columbia
- UM Kansas City
- Rush Chicago
- Rosalind Franklin Chicago
- Loyola Chicago
- U Illinois

I want to add ~10 schools to the list and would appreciate any help. Thanks.
 
Remove Washington University as it is a far reach. Consider adding these schools:
Creighton
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Tulane
NOVA MD
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
 
Thank you. I am also considering applying to some MD/PhD programs. Would you or anyone else recommend different schools?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would appreciate any help making a bigger school list.

MCAT: 512
GPA: 3.6 (upward trend)

- 200 hours clinical volunteering
- 300 hours non-clinical volunteering
- 100 hours shadowing
- 3 yrs research mostly in one lab (1 first-author paper; 4 posters; 6 awards)
- 1 yr tutoring (influenced the system a little)
- 1 yr employment in biotech startup
- 1 semester tech internship
- several club involvements but no leadership roles

Since I am in Missouri, I am currently looking at:
- WashU
- SLU
- UM Columbia
- UM Kansas City
- Rush Chicago
- Rosalind Franklin Chicago
- Loyola Chicago
- U Illinois

I want to add ~10 schools to the list and would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Here is a more realistic list, based upon geographic preferences.
U Toledo
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
U MO
Loyola
U IA
Tulane
U VM
U AR (maybe)

Hofstra
Pitt
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Dartmouth
Netter
Nova MD
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
Start list with KCOM, KCU, CCOM, DMU, both AR schools, ACOM, MUCOM

My understanding of MD/PhD programs is that one has to be a superstar.