MD 514 MCAT 3.72 sGPA and 3.78 cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YungGeezy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Florida resident, taking a gap year shadowing and working and will be applying next cycle. I'm President of a service based organization I created and member of a pre-health honor society. Not much shadowing done, went on a medical mission trip and trying to go on another before I graduate, have done research in a psychology lab for a year and a half and will be doing another semester.

I'm just having trouble choosing what schools I should apply to besides in-state. I want to live in NYC more than anything so NYU and Columbia for sure but idk what else to base my decision on, as I think I'm somewhat competitive. Also yes I've purchased the MSAR!

Members don't see this ad.

A 514 is a 33 which is nearing the 10% for the 4 big NYC schools (Columbia, Cornell, NYU, Sinai). If you have the money for it, definitely apply to all 4 of them, but you'd have better shots at Einstein and NYMC. If you really want to live in New York, consider applying to TouroNY also

I recommend:

U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
BU
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
Your state school(s).
Any DO program. Start the list with Touro-NY

Florida resident, taking a gap year shadowing and working and will be applying next cycle. I'm President of a service based organization I created and member of a pre-health honor society. Not much shadowing done, went on a medical mission trip and trying to go on another before I graduate, have done research in a psychology lab for a year and a half and will be doing another semester.

I'm just having trouble choosing what schools I should apply to besides in-state. I want to live in NYC more than anything so NYU and Columbia for sure but idk what else to base my decision on, as I think I'm somewhat competitive. Also yes I've purchased the MSAR!