54 years old, walking difficulty, N & V

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikehub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the patient had complain of walking difficulty for 4 days, deviates to right side. He has headache for 2 days around occipital and parietal region, nausea and vomiting-2 episodes. no vision abnormality. smoking history 2 packs for day for around 20 years, quited smoking a year back. drink local alcohol 3-4 times/week , 250 ml/time. muscle power grading normal, coordination test normal, no h/o HTN, but on admission bp: 144/99. CT report of june 8: left cerebellum, left parietal lobe hemorrhage, ; ct report of june 16: lt. cerebellum, rt frontal, rt. periventrical, lt thalamus, both sides occipitoparietal region multiple hemorrhage.

Oncology impression: metastatic brain mass ? melanoma

on general examination, no melanoma like pigment seen. but Prolapse of the anal mucosa grade 1 with recent ulcer noted.

hope you will help in the diagnosis.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Publishing medical record numbers, birth dates, and dates when imaging was performed is a HIPPA violation. Most imaging software allows a person to copy de-identified pictures. Please take this down ASAP.

Publishing medical record numbers, birth dates, and dates when imaging was performed is a HIPPA violation. Most imaging software allows a person to copy de-identified pictures. Please take this down ASAP.

This scan was done in Shanghai. I am not sure if HIPAA applies to them. Judging from the posters English he/she is also located there (just a guess).
Maybe its a new doc who doesn't know neuro!

OP, I am not going to give any opinions here as I don't know what your agenda is. Are you doing this for fun or are you really fishing for differentials?

I don't really care if it is technically not illegal to post someone's name and date of birth along with clearly protected clinical information if they are from another country. I view this as a violation of a human being's basic human right to privacy.

This is not a forum to assist you in clinical decision making on individual patients. You are not asking about a general approach to a patient, you are essentially posting an H&P, with relevant imaging, and asking us to tell you what to do next. I don't know what shocks me more -- the fact that you are betraying your patient's trust or the fact that you are asking a forum of essentially anonymous posters how to manage your patient's medical condition.

Thread closed. Remainder will be privately managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.