7/10/08 Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TawMus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't see a 7/10/08 thread, I thought I would start one. I took mine on 5/27/08 and I thought it was extremely difficult. Hopefully the 7/10/08 one will be more comparable to the practice tests. Happy postings!

Members don't see this ad.

sigh, hope everyone else did better than me..... :( i hate this test.....

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests - all )
VR: - 11-12
PS: - 10-12
BS: - 11-12

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - 12
PS: - 9 or 10
BS: - 12
WS: - P? - at the national avg.

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE : 34N
VR: - 11
PS: - 11
BS: - 12
WS: - N??? i hope this doesn't matter

Overall, I'm very pleased. It seems that the PS curve was generous. I had counted at least 6 I missed. I'm not so sure about the WS though. An N is 32-41st percentile. I wonder why I scored so low, maybe I didnt answer the question completely? I'm not sure. Does anyone know whether a low WS score matters that much? I've heard its the least impt. section and as long as its not J/K its fine?

Members don't see this ad :)
6/15/2007 (thought I would be going to podiatry school so it reallly didn't matter)
PS:9
VR:7 (ouch)
BS:11
WS:O
TOTAL: 27O

7/10/2008
PS:13 :)
VR:10
WS:O
TOTAL: 34O

Would have liked a more balanced score, but mostly I am glad I will never see that stupid test again

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests #’s)
VR: -8
PS: -9
BS: -10

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: -8
PS: -10
BS: -11
WS: -O

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
VR: -10
PS: -11
BS: -10
WS: -N

Not too bad, wish I had a little higher on bio but its cool.

Good luck and congratulations all!

26Q

PS: 8
VR: 9
BS: 9

Looks like I'm the only one who didn't do as well as expected around here.

practice aamcs avg
ps- 11
vr-9
bs-11

predicted:
ps- 10 - this was HARD; was not sure of several, and not comfortable at all with alot of my answers.
VR- 9 - the best i have ever done on in my opinion a tough section
bs- 10 - some i did not know; & i made 2 REALLY DUMB mistakes

here's my score,

ps-12
verbal-9
bio - 13
34q

I have no idea how i did that well i the sciences, i was totally not expecting that.

Last edited:
avg AAMC:
PS:11
VR:8
BS:12
WS: never studied for it

Predicted:
PS:8
Vr:9

ACTUAL:
PS:11
VR:9

Overall I am very pleased. I really got burnt studying and knew i could pull high 30s if i really studied but i kept taking week long breaks cuz i was sick of it. I had a terrible test day, where i was put right next to the door, and honestly guessed so much on physical, and a few passages on verbal. I will take anything over a 30, so just gota do secondaries now. Good luck to everyone and I wish them the best

avg AAMC:
PS:7
VR:9
BS:8
WS: ?

Predicted:
Vr:8
BS:8

ACTUAL:
VR:10
BS:9

ugh looks like i will be taking this stupid test again...not that I'm really surprised though. I studied for maybe 50 hours and only did 2 practice tests.

Apr 08 Scores

VR - 6 :mad:
PS - 9
BS - 10
WS - R
Total - 25 R

So conclusion? I can write well, but can't read! :confused:

July 08 Scores

VR - 9 :D
PS - 10
BS - 12
WS - P
Total - 31 P

Okay, so I can read. :laugh:

Let this be a lesson to people reading this. Don't give up if you land a crappy score at first try. If you KNOW you can do better, then prove it to yourself by taking it again at a convenient time.

I had been preparing for the Apr one for a long time...almost 6+ months. That is why that score hit me really hard when I got it.

But then I got angry and disappointed at myself for not doing as well as I should have. I signed up the next day for July one and pledged myself that I will look MCAT square in the face and beat the living snot out of it when July comes.

And I succeeded. In more ways than one.

Good luck to all test takers and applicants. Keep going forward! :thumbup:

Wow! Congrats on the 40! That is beyond impressive. :)

Not to mention any of the scores above a 35...god, I just hope I get the score I want on Friday. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
ave. practice AAMC:

PS - 9/10
V - 10
BS - 11

actual 7/10 MCAT:

PS - 12
V - 10
BS - 14
WS- M
TOTAL - 36M

(final total score between my AAMC and Kaplan averages)

M -- that hurts, but how bad?

ave. practice AAMC:

PS - 9/10
V - 10
BS - 11

actual 7/10 MCAT:

PS - 12
V - 10
BS - 14
WS- M
TOTAL - 36M

(final total score between my AAMC and Kaplan averages)

M -- that hurts, but how bad?

With a 10 in verbal & a 36 overall, I doubt it will hurt you that bad. Your averages were right around my averages for BS and PS... Oh my god, I hope I rocked it like you did. That's FABULOUS!!! Congrats! :D

S.

AVG Practice:
PS: 10
VR: 7
BS: 9
WS: P
tot: 26P

7/10/08:
PS: 12
VR: 8
BS: 10
WS: M
tot: 30M

I'm really pissed about the M, but whatever I'm super excited that I got a 30 and that I don't have to take this ridiculous test ever again!!! BTW, I never got above a 10 on the PS and never got above a 9 on BS, so i dunno how I did so well on those sections. Also, I self-studied, so it is possible to get a 30+ without taking Princeton Review or Kaplan courses!!!!!!

What's with all of us people getting high scores but with Ms in the writing sample? Seems like an epidemic!

July 10th MCAT:

Verbal: 10
Physical Sciences: 15
Biological Sciences: 12
Writing: Q

I feel like that my scores are very lopsided, and does not represent my strengths very well. I usually do better on the biological sciences than my physical sciences. Do you think this will be a problem for med schools? I'm a little worried.

37.... mmmmm.... yeah, thats something you might should worry about.

if you have a 2.5 GPA that is

Last edited:
July 10th MCAT:

I feel like that my scores are very lopsided, and does not represent my strengths very well. I usually do better on the biological sciences than my physical sciences. Do you think this will be a problem for med schools? I'm a little worried.
37.... mmmmm.... yeah, thats something you might should worry about.
My thoughts exactly. That MCAT can get you into any school in the country if the rest of your app and life experience is good.

Hey I'm new here, and I had the same concern about lopsided scores

I got a 14 PS 13 VR and 10 BS... and a Q on the writing

I have NO idea what happened in Bio, I thought I was gonna get a 10 in PS and a 13 in BS... anyway I know it would probably be ridiculous to retake, but is the Bio score really going to hurt me? I got As in my undergraduate Biology courses, and I'm hoping for an A in Biochem next semester. Is there anything I can do to make up for the 10? Its too late for me to even minor in Biology. Thanks guys!

I have NO idea what happened in Bio, I thought I was gonna get a 10 in PS and a 13 in BS... anyway I know it would probably be ridiculous to retake, but is the Bio score really going to hurt me? I got As in my undergraduate Biology courses, and I'm hoping for an A in Biochem next semester. Is there anything I can do to make up for the 10? Its too late for me to even minor in Biology. Thanks guys!

YOU GOT A 37. Do you think anyone's going to quibble at that score? And yeah, your BS was lower than the other two, but it was a 10, which is perfectly respectable.

Just be happy about your high score and stop whining.

Hear that? I believe it's the "30+ Study Habits" forum calling your names. Congrats on all the incredible scores

you're being ridiculous... take your wonderful score and go become a doctor

August 07
PS-11
VR-10
BS-11
WS- M
32M...

July 08
PS-9
VR-10
BS-10
WS-P
29P....

very pleased with the WS improvement.... but a 3 point drop. kinda sucks... not really sure which is better

What's with all of us people getting high scores but with Ms in the writing sample? Seems like an epidemic!

yeah, i wonder why the 7/10 had so many ppl with good numbers but crap writing sample scores. we all seem to be literate...

is anyone thinking of rescoring the WS? it takes 4 months to get the regrade back unfortunately - way too late to make any difference (if such a difference actually exists) in our apps for those of us applying now.

July 10th MCAT:

Seriously? Yeah, it's 40 or bust for medical school. You're screwed.

I got 40T (15, 10, 15). The score is not balanced...Am I screwed? I think I should retake. Advice?

[/sarcasm]

It's fun reading some of these posts, heh.

August 07
PS-11
VR-10
BS-11
WS- M
32M...

July 08
PS-9
VR-10
BS-10
WS-P
29P....

very pleased with the WS improvement.... but a 3 point drop. kinda sucks... not really sure which is better

the first one!! Didn't anyone tell you the WS does not count!!!!

UNLESS... you are Canadian, which you seem to be. Not sure how that works up there!!

the first one!! Didn't anyone tell you the WS does not count!!!!

UNLESS... you are Canadian, which you seem to be. Not sure how that works up there!!

I am canadian, applying to both US and Canadian schools, and some schools up here required a score a minimum WS score of N, so I thought I would take my chances and retake it.
I suppose I'll be able to send my best scores to schools that dont require all scores to be sent.
ah well such is life.

Predicted Scores

P:10-11
V:12-13
B: 12-13
W: ?

Actual

P:13
V:15
B:12
W: Q

40Q

I think I just got really lucky on verbal. I can't believe the curve was so big for physical sciences, I thought I did pretty poorly on it.

Last edited:
Practice Avg (roughly):
PS 9
VR 9
BS 9

Predicted:
PS 7
VR 10
BS 10

Actual:
PS 9
VR 10
BS 10

29M... I'm happy..even though I think I may have done a little bit better on PS if I would have gotten more than two hours of sleep the night before (maybe not)...I think they picked some weirdo to grade our writing for us, seems like a lot of people got a poor WS score. I did what Kaplan said to do...and still I earned a score of M...oh well...

Oh...and for those of you guys searching the threads for how the AAMC scores relate to the real thing... they really are closely related...you will score around your practice average...i believe they put as much thought into the AAMC curve as they will your real curve...

Unless you really do something to screw up your test day...or something happens like a power outage...really rethink before voiding...thats just my advice.

practice: 37
ps: 12
vr: 12
bs: 13

predicted: 36
ps: 12
vr: 11
bs: 13

actual: 39Q
ps: 13
vr: 12
bs: 14

YAY!!

Last edited:
August 20 2007 -> 23P

Vr -8
BS -6 :eek:
PS -9

I don't know what happend that time. The test itself was hard, but I never scored that low b4 in BS.

July 10, 2008-> 30P

Vr -10 :D
BS - 10 :D
PS -10 :D

On my last practice test (AAMC 8) I scored 28 and thought that was fair. I had already submitted secondaries and needed to get the test over with. I'll encourage anyone whose score does not reflect your true potential, to try again . BE CONFIDENT and study smart as well as hard!! Good luck everyone!:luck: