7/10/08 Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TawMus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't see a 7/10/08 thread, I thought I would start one. I took mine on 5/27/08 and I thought it was extremely difficult. Hopefully the 7/10/08 one will be more comparable to the practice tests. Happy postings!

Members don't see this ad.

I had my first MCAT dreams last night... In all of them I got a 7 in PS... I really hope dreams don't come true in this case...

I must be odd or something because I haven't thought about the mcat at all since 1 or 2 days after the exam. I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that I'll get the score that I want. Doesn't leave much room for surprises but meh whtever :D

is the scoring curve on the e-mcat site indicative of the real test? the PS was hard so i was wondering if the curve will be more generous. on examkrackers practice test you could miss 17 and still get a 10. our PS seemed a lot harder than this. it also seemed harder than the AAMC tests as well.

i was wondering the same too. i thought that ps had the most lenient curve out of all the sections but that wasn't the case for the released practice cbts.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i just joined this site. i took the july 10th test, and thought the PS section was ridiculous... too many calculations plus getting no sleep was not a good formula. However, the other two sections seemed alot better. And yes, NCguy MCAT dreams suck big time. Why does time ONLY go this slow when ur waitin for mcat scores....

how many questions u think u guys missed on each?
im thinking based only the ones i can actually remember and have looked up on wikipedia/my TI-83

PS: 8
VR: who the hell knows, i suck at reading, im a bio major; it seemed more straightforward than usual (but then again thats what I thought about AAMC 3 and got like 14 wrong)
BS: 6

I think i coulda done waaaay better, but i shouldnt be thinking like that. Hopefully, I didnt miss too much more on the other half that i completely forgot

i cant stop thinking about it. i took my test on 7/8 but we get our scores the same time u guys do. cant wait to just know already

most likely on Monday, the 11th. The tentative release day is the 12th and scores generally come out a day early.

I had another MCAT dream last night. In it, I was about to find out my score, but I wasn't able to see the score report. I woke up shivering.

Then, I went back to sleep and had another dream about my landlady asking me for the rent check. I wrote it after my coffee.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I would bring up the post for the last day of waiting. Even though we have the combo poll thread happening, I would like to see how everyone did on the 7/10/08 administration. Good luck to all :luck::luck: :thumbup:

I propose presenting the results in the format found in other threads:

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests #’s)
VR: -
PS: -
BS: -

PREDICTED SCORES
WS: -

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE

I have a perma-knot in my belly that won't be gone until that final moment when the scores go up. :scared:

i guess ill give this a shot

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests #’s)
VR: - 10
PS: - 12
BS: - 12

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - 10
PS: - ? (praying for a 10)
WS: - T (i *think* i rocked this part)

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE

AVERAGE SCORES (AAMC tests 10,9,8,7,6)
VR: - 10.8
PS: - 10.4
BS: - 10.8

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: -11
PS: - 11
BS: - 11
WS: - Q (I like that letter)

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
VR: - ??
PS: - ??
BS: - ??
WS: - ??

See you guys and gals tomorrow afternoon! Despite the advice, I will be continuously refreshing the THx site.

Last few hr. stretch. Let's all hope the PS curve is great.

Last edited:
neither could I, hope it comes out today, otherwise it will be another long night

I'm up too. Luckily, I have a day of work to distract me. But I will be leaving early today. Leejwwc, whyfor you take down predictions? Good luck to you.

haha, yeah, looking at my predictions was making me even more nervous so i took it off, i'll repost later

The score release times for tests this year, as per SDN reports:

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 AM EST
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 PM EST
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 PM EST
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 PM EST
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 PM EST
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 PM EST
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 PM EST
6/13/08 7/14/08 3:05 PM EST

UGGGGG it's gonna be a long day...
:bang::poke::beat::boom::diebanana:

I am checking for a friend of mine. Good luck everyone!!! and yes! it will be a looooonnnnnnngggg day.

The score release times for tests this year, as per SDN reports:

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 AM EST
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 PM EST
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 PM EST
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 PM EST
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 PM EST
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 PM EST
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 PM EST
6/13/08 7/14/08 3:05 PM EST

All one day ahead of schedule, except for 5/27. I actually wish that the release was at a scheduled date/time, rather than possibly a day early. The whole MCAT ordeal is bad enough, but now they torture us by giving us a two day window to wait, wonder, and stress out about it. My goal for today is to not waste the day waiting for my score...

All one day ahead of schedule, except for 5/27. I actually wish that the release was at a scheduled date/time, rather than possibly a day early. The whole MCAT ordeal is bad enough, but now they torture us by giving us a two day window to wait, wonder, and stress out about it. My goal for today is to not waste the day waiting for my score...

Which is smart as you can see the earliest they've been coming out is like 4 p.m. I would try to do something productive during the day.... and check before dinner.... if no scores.... check after dinner.... and then maybe again before bed...

i have a sick feeling in my stomach. im so nervous! how are you all going to look at your scores? are you going to cover up screen and look at one section at a time or look at the composite first???? i'm so nervous.....

Definitely didn't do as well as I had thought in BS/PS, but still pretty happy with my score...

Aug 20/ 07 = 20 N (8PS, 5VR, 7BS)
Didn't really know what happened; I was nervous as hell during the whole thing.

Jul 10/ 08 = 31 M (12PS, 8VR, 11BS)

A bit disappointed with an 'M' in WS cause I thought this time I had better essays...

I'm so happy that I put a dent in my wall opening the door to tell my mom. I spent a long month studying about fourteen hours a day, and SDN was invaluable throughout this roller-coaster.

Kaplan diagnostic score: 21
Actual 7/10 MCAT: 37O

VR: - 8
PS: - 14.5
BS: - 13

PREDICTED SCORES
VR: - 9
PS: - 14
WS: - no idea. I didn't even practice this.

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE : 37o
VR: - 9
PS: - 13
BS: - 15
WS: - O

Good luck with everything.

OK so. I think I definitely have the best MCAT success story of all time. I took the MCAT round 1 in April and made a 20P. Round 2 came July 10, and I studied my tail off for it. I succeeded my previous score with a...31P!!!!!! I AM SO PUMPED! Thank you all for the SDN support. Here are my stats:

April 2008-
PS 6
BS 8
VR 6
W P

Practice Test AVG-
PS 8
BS 8
VR 8

Actual-
PS 10
VR 11
BS 10
W P

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so. I think I definitely have the best MCAT success story of all time. I took the MCAT round 1 in April and made a 20P. Round 2 came July 10, and I studied my tail off for it. I succeeded my previous score with a...31P!!!!!! I AM SO PUMPED! Thank you all for the SDN support. Here are my stats:

Congrats! I was in the same boat last year with a 20N :( but managed to overcome this beast this time around.

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE : 33Q
VR: - 11
PS: - 10
WS: - Q

Thanks SDN for the support throughout the process. I'm ecstatic I'm done with this portion of the admissions process! I spend way too much time on this website, so it's now time to look toward interviews and living my life again. Farewell!

I got a Q on the WS. All I can find is that the scale goes from J to T but I don't know where Q lies on that. What's the order??

Thanks. But the scale really goes JKLMNOPQRST? I thought there were only 6 points awarded to the WS.

BS 10 VR 10 PS 9 29M

Kind of upset about the writing score, but I think I have a decent score and should get something out of it.

Thanks. But the scale really goes JKLMNOPQRST? I thought there were only 6 points awarded to the WS.

2 essays out of 6... with a 1 being the lowest score...

So you can get anywhere from 2/12 to 12/12 or 11 different possible scores for the 11 different letters

AVERAGE SCORES (Averaged AAMC test scores for tests 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
VR: -10
PS: -13
BS: -11

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: -13
BS: -10
WS: -Q

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE (35Q) - 93.7-95.6 percentile
PS: -14
BS: -11
WS: -Q

I took the 4/18 test and scored a 31R, so I'm definitely satisfied with my 7/10 score. Given my majors, GPA, research and MCAT I think that I should be competitive for my goal MD PhD programs.

Final score: 36M....I am very excited about the PS working out but am very disappointed with my writing sample. Is it going to look okay?

Initial diagnostic was 9 BS, 7 PS, 7 VR

VR: - 10.3
PS: - 9.8
BS: - 11.67

PREDICTED SCORES
PS: - 7
WS: - O

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE
PS: - 10
BS: - 15
WS: - M

7/10/08 MCAT

PS 12:D ( dont know how, pretty much geussed the last 5 questions)
VR 1:)
BS 1:)
WS L :(

Happy with my score (especially ps) but is my WS a killer?

Last edited:
wow my heart was racing as I went to check my score. When I saw the score I almost had a heart attack....in a good way though :)

AVERAGE SCORES: took 5 AAMC tests ranging from 33-38
VR: - 9-11
PS: - 12-14
BS: - 12-14

PREDICTED SCORE: 34+
VR: - 9-10
PS: - 12+
BS: - 12+
WS: - didn't even care to practice it once

7/10 OFFICIAL MCAT SCORE: 35M
PS: - 11
WS: - M

I actually thought I aced the PS section and got a point or so lower on the VR but I guess that's the mcat for you. I'm not too happy with the M in WS but I didn't practice at all for it. Overall I'm pretty happy :)

I am completely in shock right now...

I took the 4/19 MCAT and got a 25R (PS:7 VR:7 BS:11)
I just looked at my score for the 7/10 MCAT and I got a 32P!
PS: 13
VR: 9
BS: 10

Not so thrilled with the bio section, but it was heavy on renal, which I have never been particularly fond of... Hopefully the drop doesnt look too bad, but I think the overall increase of 7 points is awesome enough to take my mind off of individual sections...

I am so thrilled with this score, I just cant believe its real. I keep expecting it to change the next time I look at it because I cant believe its true and I improved this much.

Couldn't really be much happier right now :D:D:D:D:D

mmm,

4/19 - PS 8, V 11, BS 10 -> 29Q

7/10 - PS 9, V 12, BS 11 -> 32Q

A 3-car car wreck the morning of the first time around probably threw me off and by the second I was probably already burnt out, but I'm happy enough. Plus, my center didn't allow smoke breaks. They trapped us in a dungeon, only equipped with small holes to allow us, the prisoners, to see, but not feeeel, the outside world. We were not allowed to leave. I swear that there was a big, bald guard with a leather face mask and a leather whip guarding the door. Teases. But anyway, I'm not enough of a masochist to do a third. Plus - from my knowledge, the average's been lower since the CBT, right ?

anyway, happy day to everyone ! lets all get blitzed tonight.

Last edited: