7 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tussy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The match is only 7 days away (Canada). The wait is absolutely killing me. I don't know if I'll last until next wednesday. I have nightmares about the match every night, I think about it all day long. I try studying to distract myself - doesn't work. I walk around in a haze considering all the possibilities. What will happen if I get the dreaded "unmatched"? What if I have to move across the country? What if everything goes as planned and I get to stay right here in the same city? Should I have ranked the programs the way I did?

Seven more days.

Anyone else out there waiting who can sympathize???

Members don't see this ad.

I hear ya brudda. I've got 11 days and have many of the same fears you do. Fortunately, its keeping me away from food and sleep so I'll be thinner and even more haggard looking when I start residency!
wink.gif

Hold my hand...I'm scared!!

Kimberly,

If I remember correctly you're also applying for surgery too right? I'll let you know how match day goes. Only 5 more days. "unmatch day" (equivalent to your scramble day) is this monday. Yikes.

My fingers are crossed for good luck for the both of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by tussy:
Kimberly,

If I remember correctly you're also applying for surgery too right? I'll let you know how match day goes. Only 5 more days. "unmatch day" (equivalent to your scramble day) is this monday. Yikes.

My fingers are crossed for good luck for the both of us.

Yes I am. I'd love to hear how your match goes. When do you start internship in Canada?

Keep those fingers AND toes crossed for both of us!
smile.gif

I MATCHED TO GENERAL SURGERY - WOOHOO!!!!!

Today was "unmatch day". I didn't unmatch, so therefore matched! That means that since I only ranked general surgery programs then I'm in. I just won't know which gen surg program i'll be going to. I'm so happy I could burst. I find out on Wednesday specifically where I'll be going!

Yeah!!!! Congratulations - hopefully this bodes well for me too. Let us know where in Canuck country you'll be going.

I start my general surgery residency July 1 at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia! This was my first choice, so I am very excited!

Best of luck to you next week for your match!

Well, I'm not in the same boat but my sis is. She applied in internal med and family practice as a FMG. i was wondering what improves the chances as i've heard its very tough for FMGs.
sara