90 credits to apply to dental school are enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
first i thought that if i have 60 credits then i can apply to u of m ann arbor dental school if i get a high dat score. this year i visited more than 16 different dental school' websites and all of them admit a student with a minimum of 90 credits. now, i read that most of the students accepted are the ones with a bachelor degree and one dentist said that 97% of the accepted students had a bachelor IS IT TRUE??. if i apply when i have 90 credits then will i have a high chance of getting accpeted? assuming i have a minimum of 3.5 and AA20 in dat.

Members don't see this ad.

The majority of dental schools prefer a bachelor's upon matriculation. Simply put: If someone else has a 20AA but has a degree also, you will most likely not be preferred over that person. In other words, you are assuming that not many people have a 20AA AND a bachelors (well, not enough to be posed as a threat). I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure there are a fair amount of people with a 19 AND a bachelors, which would probably be preferred over a 20 w/o a degree. Therefore, you might be placing yourself at a disadvantage.

i know at USC last year all the matriculants had a bachelors degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
issa said:
hi
first i thought that if i have 60 credits then i can apply to u of m ann arbor dental school if i get a high dat score. this year i visited more than 16 different dental school' websites and all of them admit a student with a minimum of 90 credits. now, i read that most of the students accepted are the ones with a bachelor degree and one dentist said that 97% of the accepted students had a bachelor IS IT TRUE??. if i apply when i have 90 credits then will i have a high chance of getting accpeted? assuming i have a minimum of 3.5 and AA20 in dat.

Call the schools you want to attend and ask them.

these chat rooms are full of children with wondering ideas about the real world............

they only say what they have read from others on here who have posted what they have read from others on here and so on and so forth.............

I am a second year student who got in without a bachelor's degree. There are three of us in my class. Apply when you will have 90 credits and see what happens. with a 3.5 and a 20 you will likely get some interviews at the least. As long as you are prepared for dental school, the degree doesn't matter at a lot of places. That said. Most applicants nowadays do have their degrees. Best of Luck.