90 semester hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudewheresmymd

Slowly Drifting...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are advanced placement credits and transfer credits factored into some medical school's 90 semester hour requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Even when they don't count toward completing prerequisites, they'd generally still count for med school application credit requirements (assuming they are listed on at least one original US or Canadian college transcript).

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are advanced placement credits and transfer credits factored into some medical school's 90 semester hour requirement?

also, if you are talking US medical schools...go ahead and forget that 90hrs requirement, you're going to need a bachelors unless you have a cure for cancer in your pocket

plan on graduating

also, if you are talking US medical schools...go ahead and forget that 90hrs requirement, you're going to need a bachelors unless you have a cure for cancer in your pocket

plan on graduating
I think the original post refers to the common requirement that one have 90 semester hour equivalents on transcripts before one can apply to med school.

I think the original post refers to the common requirement that one have 90 semester hour equivalents on transcripts before one can apply to med school.

Yep that's what I was referring to.