90837 reimbursements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyHalcyon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
We recently changed EHR systems and I'm looking over my paycheck and I'm getting reimbursed 130ish for many of my Medicaid and Medicare clients. I'm surprised it is so high. Just wondering if this is typical.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you checked the CMS fee schedule for your locality?

Without seeing the billing statements and knowing what facility/NF fees you are billing, I can't say. When it comes to medicare though, it doesn't matter what you bill, you are still just getting their rate for your locality. Now, your billing people can sometimes screw it up, like in not getting facility fees when you are technically part of a facility, but the rates are the rates.

Reactions: 1 user
That's what i figured. Just curious how a person I have been seeing, with Medicaid, since Sept has jumped from about 80 bucks a session to 130....
Without seeing the billing statements and knowing what facility/NF fees you are billing, I can't say. When it comes to medicare though, it doesn't matter what you bill, you are still just getting their rate for your locality. Now, your billing people can sometimes screw it up, like in not getting facility fees when you are technically part of a facility, but the rates are the rates.

If it is Medicaid, it may be a little different. In some states, 90837 won't be reimbursed by medicaid only 90834. Hence the $80. Medicaid may have changed or the new software may not register this yet. Just a theory.

Reactions: 1 user
It is Medicaid. Definitely haven't changed the billing code. Oh well, not complaining. I bill 90837s for all Medicaid clients.
If it is Medicaid, it may be a little different. In some states, 90837 won't be reimbursed by medicaid only 90834. Hence the $80. Medicaid may have changed or the new software may not register this yet. Just a theory.