_Blueprints in Psychiatry_ : Enough for Step I Behavioral Science?

IlianaSedai

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2002
www.silklantern.com
Status
I have the Blueprints in Psych book I bought for our behavioral science class (which was, incidentally, called "introduction to psychiatry"). Having glanced through the behavioral science section of First Aid, it seems like most of the material in First Aid is covered in the Blueprints book.

If I use First Aid as a guide and re-read the relevant (and familiar) sections in Blueprints, would that be sufficient for Step I without having to buy BRS or High-Yield? I kinda don't want to dish out another $30.

Vincristine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
Boston
www.hejweca.org
Status
BS psych + the summaries of diagnosis in First Aid are quite sufficient. Buy more alcohol with the $30.

About the Ads
B

Blade28

Er...what's wrong with BRS Behavioral Science, or the High-Yield version (also written by Fadem)?

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
Personally, I would purchase BRS Behavioral Science and not bother reading your blueprints in psychiatry book. There are a lot of behavioral science question on step I, and behavioral science does not only encompass psychopathology. Part of it includes ethical questions, stastical analysis, normal growth and development, stressors that patients face, etc. Blueprints in psychiatry is written for step II, and I've heard that the author of the BRS and high yield Behavioral Science books is the same author of the actual USMLE behavioral science questions.

B

Blade28

Kalel said:
Personally, I would purchase BRS Behavioral Science and not bother reading your blueprints in psychiatry book. There are a lot of behavioral science question on step I, and behavioral science does not only encompass psychopathology. Part of it includes ethical questions, stastical analysis, normal growth and development, stressors that patients face, etc. Blueprints in psychiatry is written for step II, and I've heard that the author of the BRS and high yield Behavioral Science books is the same author of the actual USMLE behavioral science questions.
Yup, exactly. Behavioral Science includes biostatistics, ethics and some pediatric-type questions (developmental milestones, etc.). The Psych Blueprints basically will only help you in psychological development and defense mechanisms.

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
Kalel said:
what he said.

Jaded Soul

Proloxil > Zoloft
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
Using Blueprints might work, but it's not for Step 1 and there are much better resources available.

ys

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2000
tx.,usa
Visit site
Status
I used High Yield BS by Fadem for step 1 and found it to be excellent.
Now I am using High Yield Psych also by Fadem for step 2.
A lot of the material from HY-BS is reapeted in HY-Psych thus making the studying easier.

Crazed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Sooo.....I guess just doing FA wouldn't suffice??? Dammitt, I'm running out of time, and I was banking on getting Beh done in one day. Advice?

About the Ads