A Basic Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyric_bari

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum here but am already hooked on all the great dialogue... took the August MCAT and am trying desperately to get my AMCAS finished up and submitted.

My question is about deadlines... several of the schools I am interested in have Sept. 15th deadlines. Is this the date by which your AMCAS has to be submitted or what? Can your transcripts arrive a little later, or are they pretty strict about that too? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

lyric_bari

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS applications are accepted beginning June 1st. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, but all required materials must be submitted by the deadlines established by the various medical schools. If the transcript is all you're worried about, just submit any official transcript you can get your hands on to make the deadline. Get that AMCAS in ASAP.

Unless you very recently decided to apply to medical school (which I doubt), I'm not sure exactly why you waited until NOW to submit your AMCAS. By submitting it late you put yourself at a great disadvantage as many other applications, which may be less qualified than your own, arrived way early in the cycle and will get first crack at interview slots (simply because those applicants submitted their AMCAS early).