Basic Science Research as a Pre Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

localfountain

Reaction score
I really enjoy the basic science research that I am doing in my lab, but I don't want to get an MD-PhD (want to focus on clinical work and settle down with a job sooner). I was wondering if ad comms would question my clinical commitment if my undergraduate research work is more basic science than clinical or translational.

Members don't see this ad.

I really enjoy the basic science research that I am doing in my lab, but I don't want to get an MD-PhD (want to focus on clinical work and settle down with a job sooner). I was wondering if ad comms would question my clinical commitment if my undergraduate research work is more basic science than clinical or translational.
No

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not everything you do has to be related to Medicine.

When it comes to research, we just want to know that you understand the Scientific Principle, even if that meant you studied clams in Fiji.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Not everything you do has to be related to Medicine.

When it comes to research, we just want to know that you understand the Scientific Principle, even if that meant you studied clams in Fiji.
1) it is astounding how many applicants torture themselves believing that everything in their application has to be about medicine, especially MMI

2) hey studying clams at sunset on a beach in Fiji is tough work, almost as bad when I was auditing/evaluating Caribbean schools, a tough, purely deductible business expense that forced me to leave the bleak New York City winters for those harsh sandy beaches and glaring tropical sunshine.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users