A bit to early to think about this but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalogist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what if i get accepted to a oos dental school, where will I reside? my family is pretty much dirt poor(right above poverty level) and I have no idea where i would live for the next 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

what if i get accepted to a oos dental school, where will I reside? my family is pretty much dirt poor(right above poverty level) and I have no idea where i would live for the next 4 years.

In NY, you can rent and get roomies, from your school or from other schools.

NYC has many colleges with apartments/rooms for rent.

Or apply to HPSP
Or
Sign a loan buddy, and use it wisely.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I have a question that goes off of Dentalogist's question. If you go to an OOS school, are you able to pay in-state tuition after your first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question that goes off of Dentalogist's question. If you go to an OOS school, are you able to pay in-state tuition after your first year?

Some public schools do this. Uconn, UNLV, and OSU are a few off the top of my head.

You can borrow (read: loans) up to the cost of attendance which includes living expenses (room and board).

Varies by school, some allow after first year while some don't allow at all.

I know MUSC locks you in for OOS for the duration of your attendance.

In NY, you can rent and get roomies, from your school or from other schools.

NYC has many colleges with apartments/rooms for rent.

Or apply to HPSP
Or
Sign a loan buddy, and use it wisely.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Seriously? NYC is expensive! One of the most expensive places to live. He should apply to a state school and get a loan. If he is barely above the poverty level, I'm sure he can get a scholarship.