A couple questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

September24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Is it rude or incorrect to request a morning interview. I prefer to get the interview out of the way in the morning and spend the rest of the day tourist instead of vice versa. The school I am interviewing at has students interview throughout the day while other students do other stuff. I don't want to seem too picky.

2. Regarding giving generic answers to the "why DO" question, are there other versions of the "I like treating the whole person/holistic medicine"response that interviewers don't like? I am trying to see if my answer is generic. I talk about osteopathic medicine reinforcing the idea of really getting to know the patient through communication and include social and psychological background to offer a comprehensive diagnosis. It's something that's attractive to me and what I observed as i shadowed a do.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Not really. You can request it, but don't be pushy. If they say no, then let it go.

2. It depends on the interviewer. For this answer you have to just be yourself and be honest. Interviewers can see straight through lies.

1. Is it rude or incorrect to request a morning interview. I prefer to get the interview out of the way in the morning and spend the rest of the day tourist instead of vice versa. The school I am interviewing at has students interview throughout the day while other students do other stuff. I don't want to seem too picky.

2. Regarding giving generic answers to the "why DO" question, are there other versions of the "I like treating the whole person/holistic medicine"response that interviewers don't like? I am trying to see if my answer is generic. I talk about osteopathic medicine reinforcing the idea of really getting to know the patient through communication and include social and psychological background to offer a comprehensive diagnosis. It's something that's attractive to me and what I observed as i shadowed a do.

No- it's absolutely not rude, however I find that when I do the tour etc. first it gives me a better view of what is important to the school and I can better tailor my interview answers.

I know it's important to think of a "why osteopathic medicine" answer because you will likely get asked this question everywhere. But, I would try not to make it a canned response, tailor it to every single school that you interview at :)