A dentist I met mentioned doing an "Academic enrichment" program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremrsDr<3

Reaction score
She said she enrolled to get some guidance on taking the DAT and in this program she also got help to learn how to interview, crash course the DAT, etc.
Are there any programs like this that you know of?
She did her program in California.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

ASDA chapters at many dental schools host events like these for predents. Usually includes PS critique and mock interviews. I'd suggest reaching out to a local chapter and asking them what events they have going on. You can find contact info for chapters here: Chapter Map | ASDA

Look into SHPEP! There are many academic enrichment programs at dental schools. I did an summer academic enrichment program at UConn and it was great! My friend is doing one at UMKC right now. Academic enrichment programs are great like your mentor said these programs give great guidance, resources, and some even give you stipends!

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure where you are located but I'm in NYC area. Every dental school in the area (philly, NY, Rutgers) has some sort of pre-dental day or impressions day. Pretty sure UPENN has one online coming up soon if its not already filled up. Just google your closest school and they probably have something.

She said she enrolled to get some guidance on taking the DAT and in this program she also got help to learn how to interview, crash course the DAT, etc.
Are there any programs like this that you know of?
She did her program in California.
Thank you.

UCSF and UCLA have their own dental Post-bacc program. You should look into them.