A feel-good kind of rejection...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
regardless of how vested you are into the schools you applied to, rejections always sting... Well almost always. Its just hard to feel upset about a school rejection that comes in the following form:

"I regret to inform you that, after through consideration, the Committee recommened to <...>, Dean of the College..."

god knows I'm the last person in the world to be "perfect" but this is just plain.... LOL :rolleyes: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
What school was that?

H0mer: did you receive this??? A rejection from where?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't sUre if would be iN my bEst interest to say....

anyone think it would be bad form to say?

I am feeling a little bitter after all, lol

Well, I think that since they did not take the time to proofread their letter they deserve to be exposed. After all look how long we spent proofreading all of those stupid essays we deserve a rejection letter at least from someone who sounds like they passed 5th grade spelling.

yoUr poiNt is wEll taken...

I spent an entire summer working on my personal statement for DO. I still have all 8 revisions (most are re-writes from ground up)...

I guess you missed the subliminal message in my previous post.

UNECOM

I don't feel bad, the women who interviewed me were sarcastic and very uninterested in me as an applicant. One sat on the other side of the table slouched off to the side and the other one kept giving the sloucher "what is this kid doing here" glances after my every response. The questions were harsh and I left feeling like I wasted their time. To top it all off we were told all day long how easy the interview would be, how relaxed it was, ha, riiiiiight...

Did I mention the day started by the copy machine in some hallway?

It just wasn't meant to be. I hope UNE cleans up its interview process/administration a little. Exposure like this is embarassing for them...

That is just plain frightening! I have a particular distaste for "official" letters that are not proofed. It reminds me of when I lived in Japan. Almost every English phrase was mangled in one way or another on practically every commercial product. It was truly amusing.

I think you should send them an anonymous letter pointing out their shortcomings. Especially since they didn't even accord you some respect during the interview. I've had those type before (when I was applying for podiatry residencies...too many unsubstantiated egos).

damn... my UNECOM interview is thursday, hopefully it turns out a little different

my PCOM interview was today and was great... total opposite of my NYCOM interview.

hmm, don't know how the copy machine will compare to where ever NYCOM and PCOM started the day but I know LECOM was in a nice meeting room and VCOM was in a nice room with hot/fresh bagels and creamcheese, pastries, coffee...

fortunately the students seemed happy at UNECOM, the program seems pretty strong academically... who knows.

I'm just one person with one REALLY bad experience (before, during and now AFTER).

Good luck

naturally,

Hot Omnipotent Osteopath

what else? :laugh:

hEY, I also found a spelling error on my acceptance letter from UNE!
how unprofesssional, think you work so hard, pay all this $$ and can't even get a decent letter? it was on the page that describes tuition requirements.

In my letter, it said

"On behalf of the University of New England Colleg of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions Committee and Stephen C. Shannon, DO., MPH ..."

No, I did not forget to leave out the "e". Someone did though :)

However, the spelling mistakes and typos does not reflect in any shape or form the strong and excellent programs at UNECOM.

The buildings are nice - natural lighting anatomy labs - scenic views

And when you are done for the day, go down the street to Buffleheads - they have an excellent lobster roll.

Also, the view there is EXCELLENT

I just came back from my interview at UNECOM.
I really liked the school. My interview was very different from yours Homer; my interviewers were very nice and supportive and didn't grill me at all.

I guess its all about the interviewers you get..

The facilities there are excellent as well. The only thing I didn't like was Biddeford and i'm a little intimidated by their Gross Anatomy program (250 hours!).

One of my acceptance letters read,

"You have been excepted into the 2003 class for the College of Osteopathic Medicine."

Excepted? Does that mean that everyone else who applied got in... except me? Someone apparently caught the typo a few weeks later, as I ended up receiving a revised letter in the mail.

Too funny.

they must have their undergrads type up those letters...

I just can't explain it any other way?