How does one turn a II into a slam-dunk A and avoid WL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocSherman

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I consider this a companion piece to the thread discussing post-II Rs.

To preface, I was fortunate enough to get an II, despite my very choppy record (@Goro knows a lot about it). With that said though, I would like to avoid a fate that happened to me in a previous cycle – the dreaded WL. I’ve been practicing and preparing hard, but I would like some advice on how to snag the acceptance from the get-go and avoid the wait-list.

Thank you very much.