A few questions-Audition Rotations, Course Failure, Competitiveness for EM

Started by 1911OMS2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1911OMS2

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. I understand some sites have waiting lists for audition rotations before they accept apps from vsas. Should I just start cold calling sites or is there a list out there? Can you name some sites you know have "pre-vsas" waiting lists?

2. I failed a "physical exam" course during first year because I arrived late for the final exam. It appears as an F/C across both semesters as it was a year-long course. This has put me into third quartile. Should I make mention of this in my personal statement?

3. Unfortunately I have only honored one core rotation thus far. My step 1 score is 242, comlex 1 614. Will I be in good shape with a strong step 2 and performance on auditions? Should I participate in both the AOA and ACGME match?

Thank you
 
Last edited: