A few re-applicant questions

Started by SDDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SDDPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I have a few questions regarding a re-applicant.

If I want to switch which courses I designate as my pre-requisites how do I do so? For Instance, I re-took A&P 1,2 to place in stead of anatomy and phys. separately.

Also, as for references. I wanted to ask a few new therapists for references that work in the same clinic as my old references. However, I feel bad not asking the old references to re-do one as they are excited to do so. Is it possible to let them write one and not designate it?

Also, I have a small startup company that I have been working on since college, which has won a few awards, should I designate this? And where would be appropriate? EC activities?

I am beyond nervous about this application cycle. I was able to turn a B and a C into two A's for A&P and have been working as a tech for over a year now, so hopefully that will strengthen my application as well as the small business awards.

For those curious of my stats:

Overall ~3.0 - 3.1 (still poor from my first year of school) This is also with classes averaged together. (I have around 4 total re-takes)
Pre-req. ~ 3.3-3.4 -- I have one C on my pre-req. courses, should I apply to take this course in the fall and mark the re-take.this course in the Fall and mark it as in progress? This will boost me to a 3.7 with an A.

GRE: 152Q 149V 3.0 A (Had a panic attack on the first essay and didn't finish it) - I may try to take this GRE again in a few weeks.

2000+ hours in an outpatient facility with Neuro, Speech, Womens and Ortho PT's in the clinic. 120 In-patient hours in Acute & Behavioral settings.

I am going to hound my references to get these done ASAP so hopefully I am one of the first 50 or so apps at some programs.

Best of luck to everyone, especially the re-applicants!