A gentle reminder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who did you vote for?

• Bush

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • Kerry

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • Nader

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Didn't vote

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ItsGavinC said:
BTW, Bush has Florida and Ohio in the bag--the show is over.

Bush may have Florida but not Ohio yet. Kerry may have Michigan

Members don't see this ad.

HuyetKiem said:
Bush may have Florida but not Ohio yet. Kerry may have Michigan

Looks like Wisconsin is going to go to Bush.

blankguy said:
Looks like Wisconsin is going to go to Bush.

Not yet, Kerry needs Ohio and Wis to win. Keep our eyes on these 2 states.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sprgrover said:
No matter who the victor is, I doubt it will be via a crushing victory in this race.

Well said.

Bush the whole way baby! :thumbup:
Kerry is about as pinko as they come. I'm soooo glad that Bush is winning thus far! :thumbup: :cool:

Come on FL! Let's pull through for the W column! Next is Ohio!

-Mike

Man... Kerry has lost Florida ! So sad !

Florida is a definite Bush win, Ohio is leaning heavily that direction. If he gets both of those, he's at 269, and he's *guaranteed* at least a tie. One more state, no matter which, beyond that and he's a guaranteed victor.

Bush will win. Unless there's a miracle for Kerry in Ohio.

Oh Yeah. There's this business of absentee ballots in Florida which I doubt will make up for 300K+ votes that Bush has over Kerry. Bush has really gained on the democrats in the Hispanic votes.

It's official Florida for Bush.

this is ****ing ridiculous...we're stuck with that soulless theocrat/plutocrat for another four years?

God, it hurts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :(

psiyung said:
this is ****ing ridiculous...we're stuck with that soulless theocrat/plutocrat for another four years?

Yep, and the majority of Americans (according to the popular vote AND the electoral college) are very happy about it. :D

It's about time the media learned that MOST of us don't really care what they spout off about--same goes for washed-up rockers and Hollywood actors who can't make a decent movie.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's about time the media learned that MOST of us don't really care what they spout off about--same goes for washed-up rockers and Hollywood actors who can't make a decent movie.
:thumbup:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Even though Bush is winning, the left media is STILL showing pictures and video of Kerry greeting large crowds as if he was president. Give me a break. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted that the election is this close. I can't believe someone like Kerry could do as well as he is tonight...pretty scary.
But we will still win! :D

ItsGavinC said:
Yep, and the majority of Americans (according to the popular vote AND the electoral college) are very happy about it. :D

God, I hope Alexander is a decent movie. But from the previews, Angelina Jolie's accent is so cruddy.

Maybe I'm just mad that Bush is winning.

Man I voted for Gore in 2000, and now Kerry down here in TX...my vote has meant literally nothing in both times. TX seems to always lean (R) by +10% in every GD election

I'm not going to vote anymore :thumbdown: :mad: :mad: :(

psiyung said:
God, I hope Alexander is a decent movie. But from the previews, Angelina Jolie's accent is so cruddy.

Man I voted for Gore in 2000, and now Kerry down here in TX...my vote has meant literally nothing in both times. TX seems to always lean (R) by +10% in every GD election

Massachusetts Republicans know how you feel. It's really sad.
Oh well! Next up for 2008 McCain for president!

edkNARF said:
In the third debate he said that he denied that he ever said that he didn't think about Osama bin Laden. He scowled at Kerry and said "i think that is one of those exajerashuns." CNN has footage of him saying what he denied stating.

PS-There is also the whole WMD situation. That is unless someone found some!

Iraq and Saddam's regime had chemicals and the capability to produce devastating weapons that wouldn't make for a pleasant day.

I equate it to this...you can say that you don't have a 9mm pistol if you take it apart and separate the firing pin from the rest of the components. Go ahead and hide the different components in your dresser, but you still have a 9mm pistol at your disposal. The same is with the former regime with enough chemicals and projos to last for years.

How do I know? ...I've seen it ALL with my own eyes

blankguy said:
When all said and done. Bush will crush Kerry. Florida is definately going to Bush. Looks like the same for Ohio. Bye bye Kerry.
I figured it would turn out like this. When most of the left leaning networks (the big 3) and newspapers (NYTimes, etc.) claimed it would be a dead heat, I figured it probably meant that Bush would come out comfortably ahead. That's what happens when (sadly) most of the people that serve us news are so decidedly biased in one direction (Dan Rather's only the tip of the iceburg). I try to watch Fox News (slanted more to the right) as well as the aforementioned big 3 networks to reach some balanced sense of what's going on in the world. Whatever happened to honest journalism? :thumbup:

ItsGavinC said:
One of our professors is his neighbor (literally). I'd vote for him (and many Dems would as well).
I'd vote for him. Atleast I can trust that guy. :thumbup:

edkNARF said:
In the third debate he said that he denied that he ever said that he didn't think about Osama bin Laden. He scowled at Kerry and said "i think that is one of those exajerashuns." CNN has footage of him saying what he denied stating.

PS-There is also the whole WMD situation. That is unless someone found some!

I can't comment on your first point. You may very well have a legitimate issue. But I do know that we are talking about politicians, and they talk, talk, talk non-stop day in and day out. Bush could have honestly forgot that he ever mentioned any such thing. If, however, your criteria for deeming somebody a "liar" is that strict, then you've got a mess on your hands with Kerry.

In regards to the WMD situation, Bush never lied. That is, he may have mislead us, but he was certainly mislead himself. I don't think that makes somebody a liar. MANY foreign intelligence agencies are to blame on that specific issue. You simply can't fault a President for listening to multiple intelligence agencies.

ItsGavinC said:
One of our professors is his neighbor (literally). I'd vote for him (and many Dems would as well).

How about Rudy Giuliani for pres in '08?

dentalguy said:
BUSH,

VOTE FOR BUSH!!!! I think Bush has done a pretty decent job considering what he has dealt with....No other president had to put up with 9/11 and I think he has done well bringing the economy back. I agree I don't see eye to eye with him in all aspects but I agree the most with his issues over Kerry. VOTE FOR BUSH!!!
what about pearl Harbor? What do you mean that no other president had to deal with 9/11?

ItsGavinC said:

I voted for him in the 2000 primaries! Too bad, he's quite a good person.

-Mike

if McCain picked up Giuliani he would be unstoppable. Bring on hillary :)

psiyung said:

Don't it though. My skin is ithching I am so mad. But, regardless we are all Americans and I love all of you. This really sucks though!!!!

musiq said:
Don't it though. My skin is ithching I am so mad. But, regardless we are all Americans and I love all of you. This really sucks though!!!!
yeah man...my best friend is a republican, so I can imagine him gloating tomorrow. Daschle also seems to be forked tonight. This is not the decade for the dems :(

psiyung said:
yeah man...my best friend is a republican, so I can imagine him gloating tomorrow. Daschle also seems to be forked tonight. This is not the decade for the dems :(

an entire Republican Washington!!! Holy $hit! Get ready for more wars and death!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Poor people? Who cares!! Give us rich people our tax cuts.....social programs are for hippy countries like Canada and those Scandanavian countries who value and prioritize human development for people across all socioeconomica strata.....

Looks like I have to get ready to be raped tomorrow, as my entire pro-Bush class knows my anti-Republican views all too well.....

Dr.BadVibes said:
an entire Republican Washington!!! Holy $hit! Get ready for more wars and death!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Poor people? Who cares!! Give us rich people our tax cuts.....social programs are for hippy countries like Canada and those Scandanavian countries who value and prioritize human development for people across all socioeconomica strata.....

Looks like I have to get ready to be raped tomorrow, as my entire pro-Bush class knows my anti-Republican views all too well.....

"entire pro-bush class" hahaha, wow, mine feels opposite - mostly democratic.

Hahaha, it seems that either the demographics of our schools are that different or that we are so opinionated that it just SEEMS like the entire class is batting for the other team :).

-Mike

As I mentioned already in the everyone forum....I'm starting to do pushups for the draft

Dr.BadVibes said:

This is a sad day in the history of the nation. All great nations have fell!!! Is America just another statistic? To be Cont'd..... :confused:

psiyung said:
As I mentioned already in the everyone forum....I'm starting to do pushups for the draft

It was two democrats in the House that brought the draft to vote...one of which ended up voting against it. Where do you get your information? ...MTV like the rest of the "hip hop generation?" The current SecDef is the author of an anti-draft service!

TX Hopeful said:
It was two democrats in the House that brought the draft to vote...one of which ended up voting against it. Where do you get your information? ...MTV like the rest of the "hip hop generation?" The current SecDef is the author of an anti-draft service!
Rangle, or whatever the hell his name is, tried passing that bill (or I think he voted against it when it came to pass) to see the true moxy of the American people. He knew the bill wasn't going to pass. Quit being so thick-skulled and read b/w the ****ing lines. With Bush's pre-emptive policies you can be sure Iran is next on his hit list (hence, the draft will be reinstated)

ItsGavinC said:

Amen to that. Probably the most irritating thing about some people voting Democratic and for Kerry is that it's the popular or "cool" thing to do. Hey, Bruce Springsteen and P. Diddy are voting for Kerry! Look, Eminem just released an anti-Bush video! I'm going to vote for Kerry because he's cool and Hollywood and MTV like him.

I have no problem with people who vote for Kerry because they believe in him and the Democratic party. I do understand that only a small minority votes like I described above, but it's still somewhat annoying.

psiyung said:

Just think of Democrats in Utah . . . or Republicans in D.C. The bottom line is, if you don't vote, you relinquish all griping rights for the current political situation.

voted for Kerry by absentee a couple weeks ago.

The way things are looking though, I'm embarrassed to be an American. I mean, I feel lucky to have been born here. Really. I travelled to the former Yugoslavia, and the people of Bosnia-Herzegovina have trouble getting visas to go anywhere outside the country. I feel lucky having the freedom to travel as I wish. So yes, I feel lucky to be an American; it could be a lot worse. But I am not proud by any means. The world hates Mr. Bush. Polls across Europe and Canada (I haven't done enough research to include Asia and the rest) show that. The US has lost the respect of the international community throughout this administration. It was amazing to travel abroad and have everyone tell me "We don't mind you Americans, we just hate your administration."

Draft? Eff that. I'm not fighting for a war I don't believe in or for a country that is so full of itself.

Gay marriage? I don't buy these Christian rulings in the government. I don't care if the church is against the marriage and civil rights of the gay community. This is not a Christian nation. This is supposed to be a country of religious freedom, and I don't see how that can be if a single religion influences the workings of the government.

Abortion rights? I'm sorry. A woman can choose. And Bush's anti-contraception, pro-abstinence stance is complete BS. It's uneffective. Preaching abstinence is not going to decrease STD and unwanted pregnancy rates.

Assuming Ohio goes to Bush, this is going to be a long four years. This country is so polarized right now, and it's so frustrating to see it in such a state. The US has so many issues going on in the world right now, and I forsee some major domestic issues happening if he is re-elected. Tomorrow could be very scary indeed.

musiq said:
what about pearl Harbor? What do you mean that no other president had to deal with 9/11?
Yeah after Pearl Harbor we declared war on Japan because they attacked us. Funny thing is we declared war on German and Italy too. Neither of these countries attacked us. Instead of taking on the real enemy (Japan), we went on an expensive, misguided, and bloody excursion in N. Africa & Europe. Hitler was no saint, but he wasn't a real threat to the US. Sure, he was a bad guy, so was Mussolini, but we had no right to invade them without cause. What about Stalin? Now that was a bad guy. If we were in the business of regime change how come we didn't get Stalin too? He slaughtered millions of his own people. Also think about how many innocent Italian and German citizens were killed as a result of our illegal war in Europe. Why didn't we take out all the world's bad dictators instead of picking on just Hitler and Mossolini? I'll tell you why, it was a war for wieners & cheese. FDR's VP, Truman, owned a agricultural company that stood to gain from the imperialization of Germany's prodigious wiener production and France's cheese and wine. It was a corporate war. An entire conspiracy perpetrated on an unsuspecting american public. The debt soared and the casualties mounted as the "children" were sent off to fight the wrong war at the wrong time.

BONAFIED said:
Yeah after Pearl Harbor we declared war on Japan because they attacked us. Funny thing is we declared war on German and Italy too. Neither of these countries attacked us. Instead of taking on the real enemy (Japan), we went on an expensive, misguided, and bloody excursion in N. Africa & Europe. Hitler was no saint, but he wasn't a real threat to the US. Sure, he was a bad guy, so was Mussolini, but we had no right to invade them without cause. What about Stalin? Now that was a bad guy. If we were in the business of regime change how come we didn't get Stalin too? He slaughtered millions of his own people. Also think about how many innocent Italian and German citizens were killed as a result of our illegal war in Europe. Why didn't we take out all the world's bad dictators instead of picking on just Hitler and Mossolini? I'll tell you why, it was a war for wieners & cheese. FDR's VP, Truman, owned a agricultural company that stood to gain from the imperialization of Germany's prodigious wiener production and France's cheese and wine. It was a corporate war. An entire conspiracy perpetrated on an unsuspecting american public. The debt soared and the casualties mounted as the "children" were sent off to fight the wrong war at the wrong time.
This is the most insane and most misguided post in history. How the hell did you do it?

BONAFIED said:
This is the most brilliant and most hilarious post in history. How the hell did you do it?

omaralt said:
i dont even know where to start with u... ur sooo ignorant, and typical.. anybody who in any way shape or form critizes israel, is automatically an anti-semite...
Not automatically, but when they take a particularly shrill tone, and bring up the Jewish conspiracy theories, yes I do assume they are anti-semites. And if the shoe fits, and apparently it does, just wear it my friend.
look at ur history...
Let's see: Degree in Near Eastern Studies? -check, Lived in the Middle East? -check, Traveled extensively in the Middle East? -check, Ever-expanding library of text and literature dealing with ME geopolitics? -check. So what did you want to "teach" me about history?
the palestinians were living there for thousands of years, and all of a sudden, nobody wanted the jews after WWII, including the US, so they were thrown into palestine.
Patently false and woefully simplistic attempt to explain the "history" of the problem. It is a fact that Jews have continuously inhabited the Holy Land since before the time of Christ. Palestinians, like many Muslim nationals have a less-than admirable track record for getting along with neighbors of differing faiths. You no doubt will take issue with this observation, but with few exceptions in history or current events can this be refuted with any degree of credibility.
...now hes going to go on with his life and love israel and the US?? HELL NO!!
Why is it always a requisite with you people, to oppose anything that causes the terrorists not to like us? I honestly don't get it.
and i find it soo hypocritical, when our justification of the war is cuz iraq has like 10 UN resolutions against it.. umm. israel has like 30??
Arabs are not alone in their hate for Jews. There are a lot of people like you in Europe, among other places, that are anti-semites. Many of them sit on the SC and they pass all sorts of resolutions.
the UN condemned it...
One point we agree on: Israel doesn't give a flying F what the UN says.
how about blowing up an 80 yr old paralyzed man in his wheel chair while hes on his way to the morning prayers (ahmad yaseen) the list goes on and on...
Ahmad Yassin? The leader of Hamas? You think his assasination was terrorism? That guy was a rotten piece of garbage who should have been disposed of long ago. I was disappointed only in that his death was sudden and painless. A sack of **** like that deserves to suffer for his inhuman atrocities. I hope to G-d it was my money that paid for the weapon that ended his dispicable life. I literaly danced for joy when he was killed.

I would just like to point out an interesting statistic I have found. According to CNN, the residents Manhattan voted 82% for John Kerry (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/NY/P/00/county.001.html#36061). Many Americans state that they are voting for George Bush because of his stance in the war on terror. I Just think it is odd that the region to suffer the worst from 9/11 supported Kerry. Just an observation...

edkNARF said:
I would just like to point out an interesting statistic I have found. According to CNN, the residents Manhattan voted 82% for John Kerry (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/NY/P/00/county.001.html#36061). Many Americans state that they are voting for George Bush because of his stance in the war on terror. I Just think it is odd that the region to suffer the worst from 9/11 supported Kerry. Just an observation...

That is a glaring miscalculation on the part of the republicans. Republicans were hoping to carry New Jersey as well for the same reason :rolleyes:

The American nation is DOOMED +pity+

DDS2BE said:
The American nation is DOOMED +pity+

Agreed. At least I don't have to worry about my job as a dental student being outsourced !

edkNARF said:
Agreed. At least I don't have to worry about my job as a dental student being outsourced !

Amen!

Political discussions are usually reserved for the Everyone forum (http://forums.drslounge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12), but many felt it was important to have a place to vent & post about election night here in our dental forums, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Thanks to all those who voiced their opinions, either in seriousness or in humor.

Please feel free to continue these discussions in the Everyone forum. And, as we move on, let's remember that although our political opinions may divide us, our profession is one of the many things that unites us.

Thanks again,
G

Status
Not open for further replies.