A great suggestion for SDN Premeds...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ne14

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, why don't we form some kind of real organization, and we will help every single SDN premed to get in to DO school. Those who will get in will talk to admission commitee (mind my splg) and will put in good words for the person who will be applying to that same school. we should all meet once a year and be great friends and an enormous untouchable organization, where we can actually control the admission commitee and alll.
let me know what do yo guys think.
luv all
harman:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Premed Syndrome: "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail"

Thats why the org won't work :)

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You're dreaming kid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by LUBDUBB
Premed Syndrome: "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail"

Thats why the org won't work :)

It's people like this that brought me to the non-competetive, cooperative learning, state liberal arts school that is my alma mater. A school who boasted 80% med school acceptance rate when I started. (Compared to 50% at a few of the more competitive univs.) Just about every serious candidate that I know of from my school has been accepted to med school.

Now that being said, I don't think your idea will work because who would take serious any recommendation from an internet site, come on, be serious.

Russell

Originally posted by ne14
we should all meet once a year and be great friends and an enormous untouchable organization, where we can actually control the admission commitee and alll.

Like a union? LOL. That would be great, a pre-med union (nevermind that there are serious legal issues with students unionizing). And if such and such SDN poster doesn't get in, even though they might not deserve to, we can all pay our desposits and yet not show up for orientation! A terriffic idea!

Heaven help the pre-med scab who crosses picket lines and goes to interviews. Bags suddenly "get lost", hotel rooms suddenly "aren't reserved", and rental car tires suddenly "get slashed".

Sounds like a plan, we should start charging those SDN pre-meds $500 per recommendation :laugh:

yeah, it could be like an insurance for us to pay our deposits with. That way a SDNer never has to turn down an acceptance while waiting for another. :laugh: :laugh:

and of course we'll never run out of money because, unfortunately not all of our recommendations would be recognized by the adcoms :pity:

Well, thankyou for cutious replies. I was well aware for this so called dream, but it did happened thru out the history. Huge Organizations like Skulls and other's have succeeded. But anyways, it was a suggestion...nothin that I have chained some of you into the sysytem. Everybody on this network will get In, For some, it will take little longer then others but that day will come!. keep your hopes High.....:)

Well, so far JPHazelton has the following record:

1 for 1 acceptance with LOR from me
2 for 2 acceptance with email to admissions committee with my positive remarks about applicant
3 for 3 acceptance of SDNers who contacted me regarding PCOM prior to application or interview

Still waiting to hear from more SDNers who have visited PCOM this year.

What can I say...I've got that special something.

Or so I've been told ;)