A = intellegence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think? I know many people who can whip out A's all the time but I'm not sure that in the end they really know anything too substantial. But that's what society thinks. So what so you all think....is it fair? I await your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Any intelligent person knows the answer is no :)

An 'A' just means mastery of the subject material at hand as presented in a specific class. It could be just as easily a facet of hard work and memory as it could be raw intellect. No way to tell either way though, plus everyone's definition of intelligence is likely to differ from one another's.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. Absolutely not. Grading is subjective, even in a scientific term.

Going off of the basis of learning and memory, the display or performance is based off of a number of things, of which includes intelligence but is not necessarily dependent.

Other things have just about as much of a factor in determining your performance of what you have learned such as motivation, arousal, state of agitation, etc etc.

A = motivation

My son is really smart but GOOOOOOOOD he will just not do the work!:confused: I don't know what to do......

Heb

A = a lucky curve ;)

Originally posted by dstn2bmd
A = motivation

My son is really smart but GOOOOOOOOD he will just not do the work!:confused: I don't know what to do......

Heb

two words: CATTLE PROD!!!!

I would like to comment, but I cant find a polite way of doing so without insulting certain colleagues of mine. :hardy:

It is not how smart you are, It is how hard u try.....

I said this to a mother of a friend of a friend who is a phsycologist and she almost though i was messing with her... but i wasn't ... 3.95 this semester... as compared to D's and C's in high school.... I guess she found out i wasn't kidding.

Well, if you're older, have you ever had an A in a class and then years later, you don't remember a thing from the course? and in other classes where you worked so hard and got a B+, you remember everything and actually learned? then another scenario is when you really know you deserved that A and you're the only student who got an A.

Anyway, they're just grades. An A could mean they talked more in class.