A list of programs' self proclaimed rank category

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purpose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For future applicants, I am starting this thread which is to include program directors and program chairs that have made specific claims as to being in the top 5, top 10, or top 20 of anesthesiology programs. No controversy please. If you're not interested, just ignore this thread. Please include who you heard it from (ie position in the department) and what year (2007 match, 2006 match, 2005 match, etc...)

I'll start with what I remember:

Wake Forest = Top 5, (chairman or PD - He went into a detailed explanation about why they are in the top 5) [2007 match]

UPenn = Top 10, (according to chair or PD) [2007 match]

Michigan: Top 10 (according to chair or PD) [2007 match]

Members don't see this ad.

The criteria are that a program director or a chair of a program made the claim.

What is the criteria? I bet there are nearly 50 top 5 programs if you are taking opinion polls.

Members don't see this ad :)
As Chairman of the program at The University of the Incarnate Word, I hereby proclaim top 5 status. Let it be so.

It seems like there are only 2 categories that programs fall into for regional... "best in the country" and "has gotten much better"