A little advice please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Owlie the Owl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During my first year in college, i was an undecided major, i went to a university due to my parents wishes. My grades were horrible, due to dorming and all the parties, and my wishes to take a year off were completely ignored by my parents so i rebelled in a way.... i took easy classes too such as english101, sociology, biology, pre-calc. My gpa was a 2.5gpa i failed math and somehow got an A+ in biology, and i managed to transfer to a university closer to my home during my 2nd year.

I started looking for career choices for my future in the summer before my second year... and i found pharmacy a good career for my future.
i took.. during fall of 2006

chem 161-----A+
chem lab -----A
anatomy 141--C
anatomy lab---A+
re took...pre calc-------C
religion--------A+
microbiology----A
microbiology lab-A+

i did really bad in pre calc and anatomy..

But since then i've been getting straight A's in all my classes i ever took since my freshman and sophomore year...

My question is that dispite my bad grades will a pharmacy school still accept me? Im planning on getting my Bachelors degree in 2009, and applying to a pharmacy school then.. I also just recently got a voulnteer job at a pharmacy in a hospital. And hopefully ill kill the PCAT... But im still very worried about my grades i had as a freshman...

Members don't see this ad.

the admission does look for improvment in grades.. i know someone who didn't do well in the first yr of college and improved a lot in the last two yrs.. got accepted to UOP. experience in pharmacy really help too. so there is always hope~ :)

As devil0000 mentioned, grade trend is something looked upon. It is always better to have an overall improvement opposed to a downhill fall. It's really on the effort you put in and how you approach your desire to enter pharmacy school... I mean, the effort will show in all areas of your application- transcripts (grade trend), work and volunteer experience, EC's, statement of purpose, supplementals, Letters of Rec., etc. Good luck!